Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone in the Canton, OH area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone in the Canton, OH area?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for places to ride and people to ride with. I live in Canton, OH and am familiar with Bear Creek, but I'd really like to try somewhere new. I've heard there's some good riding around Mineral City, and also in East Canton and the Sandy Valley area. If anyone's interested in making a new riding buddy let me know, I'm always looking for new people to ride with.

The following users liked this post:
Muddjunky (01-13-2021)
Old 08-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

i live in malvern which is about 12 miles away from canton.i work in canton at the timken company.there are a ton of trails around here.i live on about 280 acres of riding trails.my email address is sadrock@wilkshire.net.contact me and we will make plans to ride.i have a 1991 250x frame with a 1989 250r motor in it.my brother has an 03 predator.we love to ride.we also have a riding park about thirty seconds away from my house.hope to hear from you.always looking for riding buds.

The following users liked this post:
Muddjunky (01-13-2021)
Old 08-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

we also ride in kensington,wellsville and some weekends we go to wayne national forest.

Old 08-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sadrock
I live in Hartville and I'm looking for some local ride spots too.
Working in Louisville right now.
I just bought a new '03 Rincon in April.
Can you hook us up with a legal place?

Dave

davebrown@neo.rr.com

Old 08-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

there is a place in waynesburg oh,just south of canton.it is a place called elson street riding park.it is $10 for the whole day.and trust me,you will not cover the same trail twice.to get there, get on rt.30 east and get off at the waco exit on 43 south.continue on 43 for about 8 miles .on the right just as the speed limit drops down to 40 mph in waynesburg,elson street is on the right, there is a small sign.that place is awesome.there is also a place in urichsville,when i get the directions down i will post it here.wellsville is a little more radical,lots of cliffs,dune buggys and other riders.if you have any more ?'s feel free to contact me at any time.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, 280 acres of riding trails in your backyard, I'm jealous!. Thanks for the info Sadrock. I'll contact you soon about getting together to go riding. What part of the Timken Co. do you work for? My mother works in the Bearing Plant in Canton. That 250 sounds like a blast, and so does the Predator. I haven't seen a Predator in the the woods yet. I've heard a lot of good things about Elson St. over the last year or so. Believe it or not, I used to ride down around the Elson St. area when I was younger (around 1990-91). I grew up not far from there in East Sparta and graduated from high school at Canton South. Anyway, I'll contact you soon about going riding.

Old 08-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

i will bbe looking forward to hearing from you.i had 2 cousins graduate from canton south.and i also work in the bearing plant.to be exact,i work in the tapered bearing plant.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sadrock, I sent an e-mail to your personal e-mail account about getting together to go riding. Let me knw your schedule so we can make plans to ride!

Old 08-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I saw your message. I live in canton. I ride in Malvern, East Canton, and Wellsville. Let me know if you want to get together sometime, and I'll give you my email address.
Aug, 22 03

Old 08-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys,

I'm from that area and rode several weekends at Elson Street this summer. However, I just came back to school (New Orleans) so I won't be riding til next summer - and I can't wait to test out my new Cannondale. If you guys remember, I'd like to find some people to ride with for next summer. Thanks - Zack

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Canton, OH area?