Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

michigan boys

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default michigan boys

Im checking out this nice good condition 2-stroke 96 Yamaha Blaster for cheap and i plan on taking it to the Mounds in Mt Morris. That thing takes off like a dream its going to be sick, so much work was put into it

Old 11-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default michigan boys

what is mounds like hilly jumps woops mud what? ive heard all bad about mounds i have a mx ready raptor i really need to strecth its legs I ride maumee state forest outside toledo ohio all flat no jumps and no mud.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default michigan boys

Hey I go to state too Im about to by a wolverine. Im from flushing right by mt morris. The mounds you ride is that public land or what. cuz i need a place to ride often without goin up north all the time

Old 11-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default michigan boys

I usually stay here Brentwood Lodge as at the back of their property is a trail head leading to all the trails in the area of Indian River. We usually rent a house (there's about 7 of us in a group). All kinds of trails from mild to wild and tons of mud around there as well.

When I get tired of riding around there I head up into the UP for some fun.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default michigan boys

I'm a MSU student as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I've been to the Mounds a number of times, both with my 4wheeler and my ZR2 blazer. I think it's a waste of time. When I first got my quad back in the summer of '02, I'd go out there with buddies on their quads, and it was alright. We'd get the quads so muddy, you couldn't even tell what color they were. The 4wheeler trails get boring kinda quickly. The trails to the woods & open areas are pretty much rutted out from trucks with 40+" tires. Unless you have a utility quad, you're going to get stuck, if the trails are wet/muddy. The scramble area gets boring about the third or forth time around. There's mostly MX dirtbiker racers that run the area practicing for the next race, or something. It's okay to watch, but if a 4wheeler gets in their way, I'm sure they won't hesitate to hit you. I dunno though, it might be different with guys.

In the summer I save my riding for Silver Lake. I love the dunes & I love seeing the looks on guy's faces when they get beat by a girl. Anyway. If you go to my imagestation account, there's some pictures of my past trips to the Mounds. You'll have to look at some of the last pages of albums because it's been a while since I've been out there.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default michigan boys

Sounds like Mindi really likes to get her bikes and quads off the ground. Maybe this thread should be called "Michigan Boys & Girls."
Michigan has 3100 miles of trails for you to enjoy. Give or take 100 miles.
Go to www.atvoffroad.net and click on the DNR Trails Maps, to get trail maps before you go out riding. If you don't have a very good handle on what to expect on the trails, not an avid trail rider or just want to ride with others that know where they're going, check out the web site and tell us what you think. Remeber when riding this time of year, watch out for snowmobiles and follow all the safety rules. Stay on the ORV Trails by following the "Confidence Markers" (Orange/Black Rectangles). Get rules and regulations from nearby DNR Office. Have a great winter ride.
Chuck

Old 12-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default michigan boys

you need to get you msu *** up to albright shores and sand drag that raggy 400ex maybe ill see ya at silver lake