Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BUSTED AT BAUER'S PIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BUSTED AT BAUER'S PIT

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
Had to laugh. There was a guy out there today that stole a wheeler lastnight and got busted. The owners of the machine happened to be out there riding today and saw the idiot. While I was unloading my machine, the sheriff was there talking to some people. All I overheard was that "the guy" was driving a black Ram Charger. As I was heading back into the pit, there he went, behind some trees trying to get around the sheriff. I shot back to the parking lot and pointed in the trees where he was coming through. The cop went in there and blocked him off and nailed him. There were a few others involved as well.

All in all it turned out to be a great day for riding. Weather cooperated, not too many people, and just a good day for a ride. Real dusty though as we've been in a drought this summer.

But on another note, the rumors are brewing that the pit is in danger of closing. Old Roy is getting up there in his years and it sounds as though his kids have no desire to keep it open. Hopefully we can work something out with the state to purchase the land and open it as a grant in aid riding area. I am planning on starting a club in my area an hope to have some influence in acquiring the pit.
I think I was there that day. I saw a sheriff w/ a guy in his back seat drive out of there one day while I was getting some water out of my bro's truck. And I remember an old blazer or ram charger following the sheriff car out of there.