Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where I can ride double and have fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where I can ride double and have fun

It is only illegal in a few represive states were the liberals have made it so. The stickers are on the machines as part of an agreement made back when they were banning ATCs 3-wheelers. Yes you have to use extra care and stay on milder terrain. Some of the guys on these forums are self apointed fun police and never do anything wrong. They only post on here to tell everyone what they are doing is wrong. Ignore them they are an unfortunate fact of free internet. Their advice and rebukes are wht they live for. Most people ride double at sometime or another just be careful. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

It may be my opinion, but I have backed it up with facts (NYS law). I have taken the liberty of researching Ohio state law (because you apparently don't know) and there is nothing mentioned about riding 2up. fine then. Ohio allows it. I shut up. I would have shut up sooner if you had known the laws in your own state.

Fun police? get bent. If riding safe can't be fun, then maybe so. But I have a blast and will not become a statistic due to lack of safety. You don't think that the Sierra Club and other eco-***** have other states in their sights? They are looking for ammo to use in their quest to ban ATVs and people getting killed are just what they're looking for. Maybe because you're in Idaho you don't understand what we're dealing with here in the East. Read some of the rules we have to deal with in NY and realize that we are not allowed to ride on public lands except maybe some small areas in the extreme north of the state.

Old 09-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

The person asked for places where they could ride double. They did not ask to get attacked. You could post that were you live it is ilegal, and that in your opinion it isn't safe. Jumping on everyone doesn't help and makes them less likely to help with the fight to keep places open. I guess I am just tired of seeing someone who is new ask a question at get jumped on for it. My tone may have been more arguementive than needed to be? But there are several people on here who just seem to wait for someone to ask a question or post something so they can jump on them. If you express your opinion they will listen, but just like yourself, jump on them and they don't care what you say. We need every ATV, Motorcycle, and 4X4 owner on ourside not driven away from the groups that could unite more of them to the cause.

I will take back the fun police statement if people will quit trying to refer to everyone who disagrees with them as being juvenile or babies. I am truely sorry about the crap you guys out east have to put up with to many uneducated welfare morons in the cities who vote democrat and think they are doing something good for the enviroment by supporting some eco-**** groups. I write letters in support of you fights to law maker all the time. That is who I usually save my writting venom for.

Old 09-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DirtVH
...I will take back the fun police statement if people will quit trying to refer to everyone who disagrees with them as being juvenile or babies....
WHOA! stop right there. There is NO post of mine where I have called ANYONE a juvenile or baby! I choose my words carefully and I don't call people names. It never even occurred to me that someone here might be acting childish. Call me the "fun police" if that's what you want to do, but do not put words into my mouth!

Old 09-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

memento, sorry about that I was responding on another post were someone had called me an idiot for disagreeing with them they had also called people punks and said they were imature. It was early and I confused part of that with this post. What has me really upset is the way some people get jumped on for asking a question. I am not here to pick fights with people. I really use the information I recieve here and I try to be helpful when my limited knowledge can be put to good use. I would much rather build friendships and try to work together as an ATVing community. I do get cranky and sometime blast back when I feel people are being given a harder time than they deserve. If they ask a question answer it, don't lecture them on a forum thats not why they come here. Some threads are different they are started for debate in those debate away (I do). I did not feel that Backseatrider needed to be jumped on. She asked a question because she is trying to enjoy the same sport we enjoy. Sorry that I offended you I hadn't had enough coffee this morning.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Range Rover

no harm done and point taken. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]