Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where I can ride double and have fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where I can ride double and have fun

Old 09-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just came back from Tug Hill in Northern New York and they didn't say anaything about us riding double. I was told they appreciate a backrest box that is bolted and not just bungied down(not from authority just a person that rides there often). You can ride the streets and all and go to eat and gas up while riding, a very ATV friendly place.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mack400
i just came back from Tug Hill in Northern New York and they didn't say anaything about us riding double. I was told they appreciate a backrest box that is bolted and not just bungied down(not from authority just a person that rides there often). You can ride the streets and all and go to eat and gas up while riding, a very ATV friendly place.
........."And you might want to 'bolt down' that cargo box instead of 'bungying it'; just so your non-sticker-reading passsenger doesn't fly off the back of that thing......"

And there are how many of you out there hollering about the fact that atv riders should deserve more "respect"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

What is so wrong with riding double? I have done it for a few years and have not gotten hurt.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I went to wayne national forest last weekend. There were about 6 quads riding double and it is awsome there.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

We rode double on our Polaris 500 for two years - then we went over backwards going up a hill. Fortunetly my wife was able to roll to the side and avoid the quad going over on its rear bumper. She had a green brake to her arm. I wasn't as lucky. Broken collar bone - laterally, two broken ribs, cracked hip. That was 9 months ago. Next month I go in for surgery to plate the colar bone that hasn't healed. $12,000 in medical bills to get to this point. The surgery will double that. Total lost time from work will be 3-4 weeks.

Since that event we bought a 2k3 Arctic Cat TRV which is built for two riders. If we would have been on the TRV last december we would never have had a problem. The longer wheel base and the additional room for the driver to move freely makes a big big difference.

I see a lot of people riding 2up also. I recommend using something built for it rather then overloading and miss-loading a single rider quad. The TRV isn't much different in price then a single rider unit of same size and options.

But nobody listens to anyone else so just reply with the address of the hospital near you and possibly you can look forward to some get well cards. I know I did.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Backseatrider2
What is so wrong with riding double? I have done it for a few years and have not gotten hurt.
"See above"

Thanks, Who-Dat........you just might have prevented someone from getting hurt by your honesty.........hope your surgery goes well.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

Here in Quebec, almost everybody are riding double on a 4x4 during the winter. Our trails are groomed and levelled, so they are not dangerous. My decision to go with a Bombardier 2-seater was to provide more comfort on longer rides for my girlfriend. Riding double is safe, as long as you let your passenger down when climbing steep rough hills.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know that everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. It is safer for me to ride double for right now because i do not know how to ride. I am leaning for my first time. I respect everyones opinion and i understand the dangers, all i was looking for was areas that you are allowed to ride double. I feel safe when i am riding double, we have a Honda Rincon, with a box that has a seat. I feel much safer doing that, then trying to ride certain places on my own. I would probably hurt myself no matter what. and its not like I am going to say no I can't go, b/c i can't ride, i love to see new areas. So until i can ride better that is what I am left with. I was only looing for places to ride.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

I don't think you can learn how to ride by riding double. I was new last year to the sport, we just started me out on a small quad. (Bombardier Rally 200cc) It is a great starter quad (not expensive at all) - and you would be able to really learn how to maneuver one. I am still learning - and know when something is beyond my capabilities. I wouldn't feel comfortable being a passenger. (JMO) Mrs. Q

Quick Reply: Where I can ride double and have fun