Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Miami Trails [Fresno, CA area] 9/28/03

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Trails [Fresno, CA area] 9/28/03

My riding group will once again be riding the Miami Trails above Oakhurst, CA this Sunday. We will be leaving the Fresno/Clovis area at about 9am with a ride time of about 10:00am.

For more information you can reply here, PM me, or contact me off board at patrick at pmmay dot sytes dot net.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Ill be there.. Im finnaly living up here in Ahwahnee.. w00t!!
Im pretty sure i can get to miami from my house without taking teh truck...

Old 09-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Gee
Weekend Warrior

Hey BlackandRedWarrior, powerstroke01, how often do you guys go to Miami Trails? I was out there for the fist time last month. Lots of trails but not enough quads to ride with. I'm thinking of going out there next weekend (10/4/03) or to Pismo.

I live in Hollister but own a home in Fresno (Tulare/Clovis Ave). I'm new to the sport and me and my buddy are always looking for people to ride with, especially at Miami Trails where we got lost for about two hours last time(need to get that GPS).

Old 09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider

This is my second time up at Miami and I really like it up there. I like riding trails. I don't really get into duning that much. We'll probably ride up there more.

Next weekend I'm heading to Pismo on Thursday evening or Friday to help with the fence removal (see a post of quadkaren in the Dunes section).

With Miami so close it doesn't cost so much as somewhere like Pismo or Hollister (which is my FAVORITE) and isn't as big of a production. I'd like to hit Hollister in the next month (October). Should be nice with the weather cooling off and maybe a rainshower to help smooth things out.

We've had as many as 11 quads show up (but not all at the same time.)

This weekend we had 4 quads and 2 motorcycles.

PM me if you are interested in knowing when we are going to ride Miami, Hollister or anywhere else.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gee
Hey BlackandRedWarrior, powerstroke01, how often do you guys go to Miami Trails? I was out there for the fist time last month. Lots of trails but not enough quads to ride with. I'm thinking of going out there next weekend (10/4/03) or to Pismo.I live in Hollister but own a home in Fresno (Tulare/Clovis Ave). I'm new to the sport and me and my buddy are always looking for people to ride with, especially at Miami Trails where we got lost for about two hours last time(need to get that GPS).
Getting lost up there isnt a problem for us, its just that we get stuck on trails..lol I live about 10 miles from Miami and i can get to it on my quad with out having to take the truck... If you guys ever want to go up there email me at jmcknelly@hotmail.com im always free to ride..

Old 10-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I think you need to change your sig. Those plastics look like about 7 years old now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It was some great fun riding this weekend. When's the next trip?

My plans have changed for this weekend. I'm not going to be going to Pismo. We could hit Miami again if anyone is interested. Sunday is better for some in my group, but Sat would allow for Sunday recouperating. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

hahaa yeah.. They really dont look as bad as i thought they would.. any time is fine for me..

I might try some of that plastic renew this week to see how it works!!

Old 10-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Gee
Weekend Warrior

blackandredwarrior, I remember seeing trials across from Avocado Lake when I use to go fishing their about ten years ago. Have you been there or know if they still let people ride out there?

Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I live in clovis and i want to start racing MX. How far away is it and where are the tracks? Who on here races MX for the central valley?

Old 10-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Gee
Weekend Warrior

There's a MX track at Hollister Hills thats great. I also read that Carngie (close to Tracy) has a MX track. Those are the two that I know of. I dont race profesional or anything but I'm happy my yammi keeps up with the best of them here in Hollister.

Quick Reply: Miami Trails [Fresno, CA area] 9/28/03