Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield - McCoy Lodgeing (park & Ride) question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield - McCoy Lodgeing (park & Ride) question

where is a good place to stay at in or near the town of Gilbert and be able to ride my Quad to the trail head. Im going october 10th - 13th for trailfest there. Im just wondering where is a good place to stay and where you have stayed at. its just me and my dad. any info is much appriciated.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:02 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I’ve heard everything in Gilbert has been booked up for a while (because of Trail Fest). Your next best bet is probably to stay in the town of Man. I have a house reserved there (Almost Heaven Rentals) during that time for my group.

I’ve stayed at the Colonial Motel in Man before and that would probably be my 2nd choice if the house wasn’t available. A few weeks ago they still had space there (at the Colonial), don’t know if they still do though. The Colonial has plenty of parking for trailers, is very close to the Rockhouse trailhead and it’s legal to ride your ATVs through the town of Man (for people with driver licenses, not sure what the rule is for those that don’t but I’d say they’d at least have to be accompanied by a licensed driver). You can ride to the town of Gilbert (where Trail Fest headquarters is) via the Rockhouse trail system.

You will have to haul your ATVs to at least 2 of the other 3 trail systems (I was given an unofficial ATV route to Bear Wallow from Man by a local on my last visit). Eventually there is supposed to be a connector trail between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mtn but last I heard it isn’t open yet. So that means at least for now if you are based in Man, you will have to haul your ATVs to the Buffalo Mtn. and Waterways trailheads for sure, and possibly Bear Wallow too.

Reference the Hatfield McCoy website to find the phone number for the Colonial Motel and other lodging, and I’d recommend doing it ASAP as everything close will most likely sell out.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

Rancor, you have a P.M.