Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for people to ride in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004 | 12:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default Looking for people to ride in Maryland

i dont know, i seen a bunch of quads there on sat afternoon, i hear that alot about the cops cracking down but i still see people riding in certian spots. you usually get a warning or something, you can even play dumb like "i didnt know i couldnt ride here, im not from around here" or something like that. im going to have to ride up there and check it out before i take the quads up there. see if there is any trespassing signs or if there are any other riders there at the time. do you remember where off of 168 you turn to get there? ill check it out and let everyone know what i find out

Dave

Old 04-13-2004 | 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm up for a ride to tower. I'm not a member either but I'm really interested in becoming one. I ride an Artic Cat, so I doubt I'll be able to keep with you raptors...but I will be able to winch you guys out of the thick stuff. I'm also trying get a trip out to the H/M trails this summer. If anyone is interested in a H/M trip or wants to see what we can do to address the lack of legal areas shoot me an e-mail - kitler@toast.net.

Later

Old 04-13-2004 | 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

whats the H/M ?

Old 04-13-2004 | 02:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: wilkie610
do you remember where off of 168 you turn to get there? ill check it out and let everyone know what i find out

Dave
I believe its called coca-cola dr., i'll ask my bro, he was the one that always drove.

H/M = Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia

Old 04-13-2004 | 05:35 PM
Range Rover

Were going to Hatfield next week about ~20 of us its awesome there. Goto www.trailsheaven.com thats the main web page I highly recommend Kathryns Kabins as a place to stay.

Old 04-13-2004 | 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

you got 2 different places mixed up....

the place near Laurel is of 198...take 95 south from Columbia, then 198 west, left at first light (Schweitzer Lane), take it to the end, make a left and one entrance is just over the bridge on the right...been a while since i was down that way (never actually ridden there), but i too have heard all the cop stories about that place including impounding, so be careful

the other place is Coca-Cola drive off Rt 100, but I heard there's a building there now or something...

Old 04-13-2004 | 06:27 PM
Range Rover

I thought the place off 95 was to the east and further south of Laurel?

Old 04-13-2004 | 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

not many places to ride legal in maryland but my friends and i ride at some of the state parks did go to
coca cola drive to ride till the police came if you have a legal place to ride?

Old 04-13-2004 | 11:00 PM
Range Rover

DO NOT RIDE AT THE AREA JUST SOUTH OF LAUREL THAT YOU CAN SEE FROM 95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Area just south of the Van Duesen over pass.

I stopped by on my way home from work one time and started asking questions at the fire dept... and ended up at the office of the quary that owns the property. The lady I talked to answered my question b4 I got half way through it.... she was very polite but also very stern, DO NOT RIDE THERE. If you are caught, you will be prosecuted!!! This is private land and we do not belong there, the people you see riding there do not have permission to be there. This really sucks, becasuse it would be a great place to ride, that is for sure...

Old 04-14-2004 | 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Have You Been To HEDGESVILLE off Cherry Run Road? Follow Signs to public streem access.Kill Trails.
get back with me to ride one weekend. MrNaturals

Quick Reply: Looking for people to ride in Maryland