Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moab, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab, Utah

Just got back from a riding trip to Moab! WOW! What a place to ride! I rode Poison Spider Masa trail, Fins-n-things (at night), Kane Creek Canyon trail, and Hurrah Pass. I can hardly describe how cool it is out there. It took me 18 hours to get there, but it was totally worth the drive. If any of you guys get a chance to go ride there you will have a great time.

Old 10-24-2003, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Moab, Utah

I'm planning a trip next year, and can't wait. I rode my mountain bike around that area a few years ago. Maob is a must-see area.

Are all the trails open to ATVs? And what about the danger factor. I recall there were areas where if you went off trail, you would die, literally. There were some serious cliffs. The locals told me they lose a couple mountain bikers a year.

Raczzer, if you're interested in going back next year, and need a riding partner, let me know.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moab, Utah

I too use to ride mountain bike in Moab. We always went at least once or sometimes twice (spring and fall) each year. Did the White Rim (~120 miles) one year. Then the kids were born, and that ended that!! Would like to take the family riding there some time soon!

Old 10-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moab, Utah

Hey WileyCoyote, All the trail are open to ATVs except Slick Rock bike trail and the National Parks. I saw Jeeps, Mountain Bikers, Toyota trucks, Motocross bikes, and some hikers out on the trails. In my opinion ATVs get around the best although some of the really extreme rock my require a longer wheel base like a Jeep or truck has. I myself prefer more of the scenic trails and didn't go on any really extreme trails. Poison Spider Mesa is a fun and challenging trail. There are places where you could get killed out there, but I didn't think it was too dangerous. I didn't get too close to the edges to test my luck. : ) I'd love to make it back to Moab next year. Maybe next Spring or Fall. Gets too hot there in the Summer. You would be more than welcome to ride with me. It would be safer and more fun to have someone to ride out there with.