Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

2kscram, its a private campground....not open till May now anyways....your welcome to stop by for a visit this summer for a ride......If you want a nice place to ride, try Big Rock either 2 0r 3 thousnad acres .......something for everyone there......just outside Maysville KY

Old 01-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I definately appreciate the offer and would like to take you up on it this spring/summer. We haven't really got a club but we've got some dedicated riders that go to Haspen maybe once a month for the last six months. We're trying not to get burnt out on it. Usually we get four or five of us to go out in some woods around here my buddy's uncle owns. Maybe 20 acres but it's pretty good trails, a creek we gotta cross, plenty of mud, and a few small hills. It satisfies the itch that we get to get muddy once a week. You know what I'm talking about... We take two 4x4 Hondas <a rubicon and a rincon> most of the time with two "experienced" (which is the nice way of saying "older") riders just incase we get into something only a tow strap can pull us out of. One of them don't have a driver's license right now though so he can't get in big rock by my understanding.... That's the only thing that's kinda kept us from that place. I'd love to go.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

We took a group of 13 to Haspen once. With so many people it seemed like the 4x4s wanted to go in the biggest mudholes and we had two banshees with us that kept getting stuck. (that supplied us with endless camera opportunities) and the race quads [two Z-400s, the banshees, two Raptor 660s, my scrambler, and three 400 ex's] all wanted to go on the scramble that is marked by the yellow and orange arrows back through the woods. My Scrambler has bigger/wider tires than the other race quads so I didn't have too much trouble in any of the mud but I can still get on it when I want to. We would have to wait on the 4x4s after riding the scrambles cause somebody would get stuck on a steep hill or in the mud at the bottom. It was a big group to keep together. Just seems like youre riding ontop of eachother unless you have a good place to ride. I really enjoy hitting a tough hill and then riding about half way back down it and parking to see how everyone else does. We ride close to the miami river in Trenton Ohio and usually only take 5 which is perfect for the amount of land we're riding on but hitting the same hills over and over is never fun......
Safe riding to ya
Scram

Old 01-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Haspin on the weekend is madness! but very entertaining. We go on Mondat holidays and it isn't as crowded and on regulear days we've been there when we were the only ones there.
We have some beer drinkers in our group so Big Rock isn't very attractive. They don't allow nite riding even if you camp. They told me that they shut down by 7:30pm. No riding til 9:00am. If you camp, what do you do for 13.5 hours?

Old 01-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yea eiger2, BigRock is only good for the riding, at least it gives you a good variety of terrain......

2kScram, i have a very good friend that lives in Trenton, he doesn't 4wheel......he drives a purple tracker in case ya know him.....as far as BigRock needeing a drivers license, I have never been asked for one.....

Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

Hello 2kScram, good to meet a "local" fellow rider here. I live in Middletown too. When we ride we usually go to WNF in Nelsonville. Also have ridden at, Haspin, BigRock, WindRock, and S-Tree and Turkey Foot in KY. We should get together and ride somewhere this year.

Old 01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hey grgb, how about a review of each of these areas. You seem to been to all the local spots.

Old 02-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

What's up, Trailblazer? I've only been riding for 7 or 8 months. I've been riding a dirt bike for 15 years though so a quad wasn't that big of a step for me.... We ride down at the trenton tressel alot and Haspen maybe once a month but the tressel is definately gettin old quick. Anytime you guys are headed on a trip definately let us know. We're always lookin for a new place to ride and a bigger group. We go now with 5 people usually but occasionally we get 10 to go. As soon as it warms up a little (like maybe 45 or 50 degrees and we'd be happy) and we'll be riding every weekend again. So we're up to go whenever you're up to go!
Safe riding!

Old 02-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kushman...... don't know any purple trackers.... but if I see one, I'll stop him and say hey.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

gergb, is that short for george

Quick Reply: Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?