Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

We've been to Haspin but thats it. Had a blast there!

Old 12-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer

There is a nice place called Big Rock near Mayesville, KY. It's only about a 2 hour drive if you go around the south part of I-275 and onto the AA Highway in KY. Check out their website.

Also I've heard that there is a place in northern KY (I think it's just north of the new KY motor speedway). That's closer to you but I don't know much about it.

Are you guys allowed to ride over near the lagoon off of the Big Miami river? I see campers and stuff back in there when I pass on I-275. Also there are many ponds and lakes around there and I always wondered if an ATV organization could get permission to ride back in there.

How about the gravel pits near GravelRama in Cleves on Rt.50? That's only ten or fifteen minutes from you.

Good luck.

Old 12-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Swizzler,
The land you are talking about by 275 is Horshoe lake campground. The place floods all the time and is a giant mud bog most of the time. My brother has been a member the last couple years since I quit. If I had all the money for the stuff destroyed by flooding there I'd have 700 acres. The riding isn't too bad in the fall when all the kids go back to school, safer too, and not as dusty but there are 600 acres. The flooding makes the place new each year, new debris- new trails - new silt covering the old trails.
The park by the racetrack just opened and we haven't had a chance to get there. We like to go where we can camp overnight, its our only chance to get away and ride with no kids or wives.
Gravelrama is a big event but not a big place.
Haspin acres is 650 acres of off roading heaven. After reading your post about your ponds and land erosion problems It would look like your worse nightmare. Ruts rroded 15 feet deep, silt ponds that need to be dredged regularly. But this place is dedicated to this kind of activity and charges $15 a day to tear up. They allow anything. 2 rules- wear a helmet and no camping on the trails.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

One time when I was at Haspin with my sons I went down to the water hole and just watched for hours. Great fun. Kind of dangerous though. I watched a guy in a '78 Bronco burry all the way until there was water gushing into his carburator. He said that was his only vehicle and that he needed to drive it to work the next day. He was still there at dusk. I think the dozer was out of commission at that time and nobody could pull him out.

I can't believe the insurance company allows them to stay open.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

goshen here,een to big rock a few times,overpriced,but this time of year its the only place,we go to wayne most of the year

Old 01-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

swizzler...I am member of that campground of I-275...Its for members only....but i accept guest's...always looking for others to ride with....give me an email sometime

Old 01-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Gary, My btothers site is right before the bottleneck. An old ratty camper was sitting on his site.
450 Foreman - red
250ex - yellow
kx100 - green
sp500
polaris something - blue
Red ford pickup
blue astro van
a couple crazies

I was down by the water in G when my camper flooded the only year I was a member.
Did you see the motorhome a couple months ago under water? Its next to my barn now.

What do you ride?
Have you been thru the tunnel?
Have you been to the beach on the river almost under the bridge?
eiger2 out

Old 01-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

04 400 sportsman here eiger2...500 scrambler....yea, i seen the motorhome, is that yours??.........I have been all through the bottoms.....My site is c, i'm by the beach area

Old 01-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

It's ours now. We are gong to build a quad hauler/party barn.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where is this place at? <From Ohio towards Dayton> Anywhere on 275 would be closer for us and we've only been to some 10-20 acre plots locally and Haspen Acres 5 or 6 times.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?