Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to camp/ride in Ocala that has no woops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004 | 10:55 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Where to camp/ride in Ocala that has no woops?

I've been to ONF a few times now, each time to big scrub. Everyone says 'oh you just have to know where to go' to find trails with no woops. Well BS. Ive done 10 miles in any direction from big scrub and there sure aren't many woop free trails if any. I'm considering giving it another shot because everyone keeps saying there are trails without woops. Woops stink on a prairie , let me tell you. I'll have a 25 foot travel trailer, where's a good place to camp and ride with NO WOOPS?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004 | 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Default Where to camp/ride in Ocala that has no woops?

If you're still looking for a better place to ride, try the north side of the Ocala National Forest. I used to ride out of Big Scrub also but got tired of all the whoops. You wont be totally free of whoops at Lake DeLancy but it sure is better. The further you ride from the camp the smoother the trails are. Also, the terrain is so much nicer. There are long leaf pines with open forest at the bottom allowing you to see long distances. I've seen many deer and turkeys while riding here. If you have a GPS, go to the coordinates listed below. It is primitive camping similar to Big Scrub but there are trees to provide shade. Another area to see is located at N29 30.568 W81 51.119. You will probably want to go north of Salt Springs on Highway 19 until you reach Forest Road 75. You will then turn west and follow the road to the campground. Be sure to go in the Lake DeLancy West and not East. The east side prohibts ATVs and it is strickly enforced. I have a few more areas marked if you want them. Ride safe................BluRock

Lake DeLancy N29 25.663 W81 47.407