Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moab, Utah 5 days in April

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab, Utah 5 days in April

I would appreciate any info on trail riding in the Moab area, sights to see on or off the trails, favorite trails, not so favorite trails. We already have reservations at the Archview Resort & Campground. Arctic Cat 650's will be the predominate ATV's at this gathering, so far. Maybe 2 or 3 Grizzily's also. We are all more or less experienced riders, no newbies on this trip. Bearcat & 650 Cat from this forum will also be attending this momentous occasion, & i hope to see some of you there. We will give a full report when we return, so others may benefit from our experiences, if they ever have the chance to ride Moab. Regards, Jerico1

Old 03-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

we are trying to put togather a group to go down at the same time we should try to get togeather, I am from central Utah 130 miles away from Moab. I have been there 4 times before once on ATVs, here is the best Trail site I have found.

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm.

I will send a go no go soon.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

I went to Moab last Fall and I've been having great memories of that trip ever since. It's an awesome place and well worth even the long drive from Des Moines, Iowa to Moab!
Some great trails for new riders are Chicken Corners, Harrah Pass, and Kane Creek trail. They are all in the same area of Moab and can all be done in one full day of riding. That would be my advice for a great first day. Next day I would recommend Poison Spider Masa Trail. I know the Artic Cat 650's will do great out there because my Prairie worked awesome. Just bring plenty of water, snacks, gas, and film because there is a great photo op around every corner.

P.S. Watch out of poisonous snakes. I got face to face to a diamond head while hiking around on a lunch break.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

Raczzer,
Thanks for your input on the trails around Moab. Are any of the trails you mentioned very difficult?
I've heard Pritchet Canyon, Moab Canyon Rim, Poison Spider Mesa, Kane Creek Canyon, Metal Masher, & the Golden Spike are all difficult trails, according to the Moab Trails book these are all rated (D) for
difficult. Our idea is to ride & have fun , but not tear up our ATV's or get someone hurt in the process. Not everyone has a winch or 13" of ground clearance. We will be riding in the Manti- La Sal
Nat'l Forest also, & they have the Rose Garden Hill Trail listed as difficult too. I know what some consider difficult, other see as a piece of cake. This is why i like to hear from someone who's been on these trails. Regards, Jerico1

Old 04-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Bigdcred,
Thanks for your reply. Have you got a group ready for Moab yet? What trails do you reccommend
thats not overly difficult for the average guy. Sorry i mistook you being from Gunnison, Co. Thus the e-mail about the Blue Mesa Reservoir.Couldn't go anywhere on your link though. Regards, Jerico1

Old 04-04-2004, 01:20 AM
TRV
Trailblazer

I have been there twice and have done Moab Rim and Poison Spider in a Jeep. You will be OK on an ATV but may have to pile rocks to get over stairsteps on Moab Rim. Chicken Corners and Flashlight Rock are fun also. Be careful where ya walk tho as there are Rattlers in that area. I got some great pics of one about in Arches Park that we almost stepped on! Also, go do Lions Back if the campground folks will let you in!

Old 04-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Pro Rider

this sucks my plans fell threw so I dont get to go. here is a good site for infoTextMoab trails