Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WindRock

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WindRock

Originally posted by: hc
Mudflapper, can you post some links to web sites for Royal Blue Wildlife Management Area?

And can you ride from windrock to Royal Blue Wildlife Management Area on atv's?

Thanks
HC...Glad you liked it...as far as i know you cant get from windrock to royal blue.all the way by trail,But i have went in at caryville flats and got halfway..that would be new river,but you would have to travel across the mountain and about 10 miles futher after all on paved road.i would"nt advise that.

The sand caves you talked about is absaloutly breath taking...it is very well hidden ,and has about 150 foot waterfall coming down the center of a horseshoe like cliff,not alot of water but just just enough to put you to sleep in a heartbeat..you have to park 200 feet away and take a goat path up a small hill and around some rocks ,and the coolest thing about the hole thing is .there is 7 diffrent colors of sand under the cliff in small patches about the size of a 5 gallon bucket, and all 7 colors of sand is in a area of about 50 feet.i took a real old pepsi bottle with me and made me a nice little thingy in layers.If i remember right ,the guy that took me said Indians lived there.The ride out to it is only about an hour and a half one way,if ride straight to it. Lord its been 5 years since ive been there.

The links your talking about .Well i just dont have a clue how to do that .I just joined yesterday and your the first one i ever wrote to. Maybe you can do it..go to engine search.I used Yahoo ,and type in Royal Blue Wildlife Management Area. maybeill figure out this stuff in here out soon,cause this is a very cool web site,cause if people come from as far as 700 miles just to ride in my backyard makes me feel pretty lucky..drop me a line when you come back and we might hook up if im not out on the road.have you ever been to wellsville ohio to ride ?weare going the week before memorial day.whe web sites look pretty impressive..

Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Hey predator, where did you get that $150 figure? I could only find RV camping rates of about $20 a night. Maybe I didnt look far enough.

Oh well, we're going down weds. for the Jamboree and staying at the Windrock campground. We'll have an RV so we may need a ride into town for the activities at the headquarters (ride sign ups, etc).

Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Hey Mudflapper,

It looks like I'll be there either Thursday or Friday. The place with the sand caves is Tackett Creek isn't it? I think thats what Eugene told me. I can't see any reason why you'd want to head north to ride. You're just not going to find anything better than what you got down there. We've got over 3500 miles of trails in the lower peninsula of Michigan. But it's all flat, whooped out, and rather boring. You'd do better to explore Windrock.

I've been to the flats lots of times. What a great view. Have you been to Norris Dam? That looks real purty from the flats.

I've got another question for you. I've heard of some hill climbs around Bryceville. Have you ever heard of them, and know where they are?

Scott

Old 04-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Hey eiger,

They had a few posts about it on Windrock's site. I was just on there and found it, but they are having technical difficulties. It's somewhere around that price. I guess you can get a sportsman hunting license and that will do the same thing, but I think it's still around a hundred bucks. But go to Windrock's site and find out for sure.

Windrock is really a bargain to me. 72,000 acres for 50 bucks a year?? Can't beat it. I'm getting more excited just knowing I'll be there in a couple of days.

Scott

Old 04-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default WindRock

Any of you guys coming down for the spring ride. i think april 21st-25th.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Yes! we'll be there. At the Windrock campground. We'll prolly be in the RV so I may be looking for a ride into town for the stuff at the motel. We plan to sign up for some of the guided rides on thurs and fri. We'll arrive weds afternoon.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Predeto03, $50 seems like a bargain if it is only half what people say it is. Haspin Acres charges $15 per day and its only 650 acres and very rutted out. The shoe is $800 a year and you can see OVER the biggest hill there and it floods every time it rains.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Default WindRock

I'll be at the spring jamboree, but can't get there til saturday (gotta work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]).
Hope you guys will will hold a parking spot for me. HAHAHAHAHA
Funny aint I , Anywho I'll be driving a red 95 full size chevy 1500 and
pulling the uglyest homebuilt trailer you'll see in the lot, If you see me
come say HI.

peace
scaboy

Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Originally posted by: eiger2
Predeto03, $50 seems like a bargain if it is only half what people say it is. Haspin Acres charges $15 per day and its only 650 acres and very rutted out. The shoe is $800 a year and you can see OVER the biggest hill there and it floods every time it rains.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a bargain. It's funny. The first time we planned to go to Windrock. We were going there for 3 days and then 4 days to the Badlands. We've never quite made it to the Badlands. We laugh every time we're heading down there, and pass by I-71, I think that's the highway to Indianapolis.

Scott

Old 04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default WindRock

hey eiger2 and scaboy, we are headed over on Friday the 25th. Driving a black Expidition and will be staying in the campground also. Sounds like I need to bring some extra steaks for the campfire. The mexican restaraunt by I-40 in Harriman is not bad, but there is not much else. Pred03, are you coming down or is the notice to short?

Quick Reply: WindRock