Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WindRock

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WindRock

Sorry Moles, we avoid the big rides. It's just too crazy there. The way I see it, the only reason for me to come then is to meet up with some specific people to ride with. The people we ride with regularly are there whenever we are. Or, some people come so they can go on group rides. Mostly cause they don't know the area. Since I normally lead, and have been on just about every inch of the place, there's just no reason for us to come then and put up with the huuuuuge crowds. It's crowded enough on a regular weekend. Having said that, we are taking a chance being there this weekend.

My parents and the kids will be there tomorrow afternoon. I should be there Friday afternoon. Stop by....just look for the roll tide on the back of the motorhome......Scott

Old 04-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

we're coming BECAUSE of the big crowd. It'll be our first time and this seems to be a great way to meet some new riders and see what the place is all about. The fun and games are very appealling. We plan to get there early and stay late.

One concern we have, is there drinking on the trails?

Moles, will you be in a tent or RV? I'm not sure yet what we will be driving.

Old 04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Range Rover
Default WindRock

Yep - there is DEFINATELY drinking on the trails. We've seen Dad driving, kid behind dad, mom behind kid, with mom holding a beer in each hand. (and not just once - several times) And they were all on ONE quad. Great place to ride, just always watch out for the other guy. (Mrs. Q)

Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

I guess since helmets aren't required, they should be recommended?

Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Range Rover
Default WindRock

Well, most of the "locals" aren't wearing any, but we DEFINATELY wear them! That is one thing everyone likes about Windrock, there aren't many rules. Watch out in the parking area also, when we have been there it seems there are always people who think it is a drag strip. I read somewhere that they have hired someone to take care of that problem, but I am not sure. All that aside, it is an awesome place to ride. Gorgeous scenery and views. Have fun and ride safe! (Mrs. Q)

Old 04-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default WindRock

Brad, look for a black Expedition, we will be tenting it in the Windrock campground. I've got to check w/my buddies I ride w/ for more specifics. Will let you know more, when I know more.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Range Rover
Default WindRock

Just got back from windrock, man its a dustbowl right know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Hope it rains alittle for the jamboree.

B.T.W.
They have the first half of P1 and ALL of trail 14 closed right now.
Maybe getting ready for the jamboree, or maybe becouse some lady had to be
airlifted out a couple of weeks ago, after flipping backwards on THE HILL.
Anyone thats ever ridden trail 14 knows what i'm talking about.
Anyone got the lowdown on the real reason why they have these areas clossed?

please share

peace
scaboy

Old 05-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Moles, where were you? We got there Weds afternoon, blue f150 with a tent in the bed and a tent on the ground next to it.

The riding was awsome. the weather was a lil rainy at time but it only knocked down the dust. 250 miles in 3 days is a lot of riding for us. The windrock guides like to ride FAST and we loved it. Only bout 5 quads were able to keep up, we waited on the rest.

We got our moneys worth!!!!!!!! We're going back. In fact Og had such a good time he went out and bought a new f350 for the next trip down.

We may try to make it may 15-16.

Old 05-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Originally posted by: eiger2
Moles, where were you? We got there Weds afternoon, blue f150 with a tent in the bed and a tent on the ground next to it.

The riding was awsome. the weather was a lil rainy at time but it only knocked down the dust. 250 miles in 3 days is a lot of riding for us. The windrock guides like to ride FAST and we loved it. Only bout 5 quads were able to keep up, we waited on the rest.

We got our moneys worth!!!!!!!! We're going back. In fact Og had such a good time he went out and bought a new f350 for the next trip down.

We may try to make it may 15-16.

Uh-oh, looks like someone else has been bitten by the Windrock bug. I tried to warn ya....Scott

Old 05-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default WindRock

Biten???????!
Heck we were swallowed whole!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Scott, let us know when yer going down and we'll try to be there too. The guides took us to the other side of the highway both days so we don't know the south side too well. We did find the windmills and some guy took us inside one.

Quick Reply: WindRock