Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Charlotte, NC

hey Huge...the green light is still on for a road trip to Virginia.I don't know all the details yet as how I am going to get to NC to meet up with you but hopefully I'll figure out something by the 24th of this month.I know we are going to Busch Gardens on the way home,staying one night in Williamsburg and then heading back east the next day.I have our cell #.
Cleve

Old 04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

Brian...I have your cell#....sorry......my fingers and brain weren't connected for a second there!

Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

Huge,, I emailed you too, We are meeting at The farm house of Jake Alexander in Salisbury at 7am. Early day for you, it will take you about an hour to get there. You have my cell # if you get lost. I am want to make sure you can get there. Flyin is talking about another place for a soon to be future ride. Call me....

Old 04-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

Hey bryan and brian
I had a great time in brown mountain, the dude with the decked out raptor got himself smoked in the parking lot after you guys left. He had good power it just wasn't reaching the dirt. Needs a new clutch. I am really interested in going to the mines that you were talking about. When can we go? Also hi to Tang she did well hanging in with the boys. I don't know about you guys but I was sore for days. Still limping around some. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Ken

Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

I kinda thought he was all talk Ken. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad you had a good time. We really did too! I wasn't really sore, but Tang was hurtin' for a couple days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol I'm booked up for this coming weekend, but we might be able to do it next weekend. I've got a race on May 1st and 2nd though, so we'll have to see. I have to work it out with my financing representative(aka: my wife,LOL). The race We go to is up in Va. near my parents house, so as you can guess the gas money really puts a drain on the funds.... If not it'll probably have to be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May.

I'd like to catch up and go ridin' at that place near your house here sometime soon though if your interested? Is it large enough of an area to make it a little get together? Maybe Brian and us could come make a day outta it? Don't want to intrude, just let me know. Either way We will definately plan a trip to the mines here real soon.

Bryan

Old 04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Sure sooner the better at my place. Its plenty large for as many riders as we want. You can bring your pop in law too. That trip can be arranged soon. What kind of race do you have coming up? Oh yea fuel is no problem when you are with me. We can ride at my place as soon as you want. Once you get to know Scott the land owner you can ride anytime. Talk to you later.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

Alright Guys how does next Saturday sound?(4/24/04) for the Tunston mines trip? We can do the same as before and meet up at the farmhouse if you like, or we can just meet up at exit 76 on 85 and shoot straight up....up to you guys. I personally like getting a good breakfast in before we ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Anyway I'll drop some phone calls on you guys this evening as well incase you don't see this post.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Wuz up Big D and FlynBryan. I agree, Brown Mt. was awesome. I was pretty sore the next day myself.
That little 250 really bangs me up.

Dirt,,,after being on your Rappy I can't stop thinking about it. I'm addicted to the power dude.
Now I'm wondering if the Z400 is enough or if I should think about the TRX 450R, YFZ450, a Rappy,
or a Predator. I'm all screwed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm definitely in for this Saturday at Tungsten. I can't wait. See you at breakfast at 8.

Brian

Old 04-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

Huge,
Its so cool you caught up to us, I was wandering where you were. Yea the raptor is fast and you get hooked quick. Don't make that your deciding factor. I like Bryans predator too, I know this yamaha 450 seems to be getting all the attention even now that the honda is around. If I were your size I would go yamaha 450. It can be just as quick as the raptor and more agile. If its just plain speed-have you ever rode a built banshee in an open feild? There is nothing like it PERIOD. Anyway we can chat on the way up. I was thinking my trailer is big enough if we got together early you could park at my place and I'll haul you to the mines? Let me know. I am pumped for the flat land Flyin has mentioned, there you can hop on the rappy and really open up.
Later

Whats up Flyan see you Sat.

Ken

Old 04-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Huge
Wuz up Big D and FlynBryan. I agree, Brown Mt. was awesome. I was pretty sore the next day myself.
That little 250 really bangs me up.

Dirt,,,after being on your Rappy I can't stop thinking about it. I'm addicted to the power dude.
Now I'm wondering if the Z400 is enough or if I should think about the TRX 450R, YFZ450, a Rappy,
or a Predator. I'm all screwed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm definitely in for this Saturday at Tungsten. I can't wait. See you at breakfast at 8.

Brian
Yeah Brian I think its the most healthy "drug" you could ever have. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The biggest thing to think about is convinence, comfort, and (of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) speed. It all depends on what you want. If you want reverse then you are limited to the Rappy and the Z/Kfx. The Z/Kfx has the most comfortable ride(important on long days), but also performs very well. The rappy is comfortable as well, plenty fast, but (again my personal opinion) I do not think its as stable or corners as well as all the rest you listed. If your not concerned with reverse and want an "all out" sport quad it still comes down to comfort/performance. Out of the TRX, Yfz, and the Pred I'd have to say the Pred is the most comfortable feeling. The predator is comfortable, and handles very well, but when it boils down to all out performance it falls a little shy of the 450's. In my personal opinion the 412lbs Predator has a weight problem compared to its 350lbs competitors. These are no holds-barred racing machines. They "can" be trail ridden, but they like to be ridden it an aggresive pace. They both have pretty "firm" seats as far as I'm concerned, but the nod supposedly goes to the TRX for being more comfortable....... Anyway, we can talk more about this this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm ready to RIDE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have to throw some rear axle bearings in the wifes ride for this weekend, but then We'll be ready. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I can't wait.

Quick Reply: New to Charlotte, NC