Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

For those in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those in Alaska

We are heading to Jim's Creek this Sunday. We are meeting at the race track, and plan on riding back to the glaicer. We are planning on meeting around 1pm. Hope to see some new faces there.

Doug

Old 03-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Snug can I come too? Oh wait, I started this. I guess I get to come too afterall.

Bring hotdogs and something warm to drink or cold, as we plan on having a weinie roast later in the day. When we find a good spot we will stop and make a fire, warm up and share some lies(whoops) I mean some stories[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I see it is supposed to be in the 20's so dress warm and it may be windy heading back towards the glacier. Hope to see you out there. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

I guess you get up early too. I will be there. It should be a good time. Hopefully we can get a few more from here.

Doug

Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Got up early? Are you kidding, I just got home from work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I work nights and have for about 13 years.AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

hey alaskaboy, is jims creek down there on the glen, going back to the glacier???

Old 03-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

akfireman. It is on the Old Glen going into Palmer by the dragstrip(Butte). Is that what you are referring to? AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

thats what i was wondering, I figured it had to be down there closer to you guys.

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

akfireman. I am going to be up your way in either may or june, depends on when my wife wants to visit her aunt and uncle and I am bringing the quads to go riding. Maybe we could hook up for a ride?

I sold the my buddies Quadrunner to my wifes cousin last night and I thought I was going to deliver it to Fairbanks but we were able to make it fit into his shortbed Ranger with a toolbox, we had to put the front wheels on top of the toolbox. I think his gas mileage is going to be realy poor going back with the quad sticking up into the air like that. He got a good deal on it, 1250 dollars. It is a 87 with 2400 miles and is in excellent condition, the only thing he needs to do is replace the battery and change the oil. He was excited to be able to get another one for him and his brothers to ride.

Like I said I will be up your way in the spring and I am planning on spending about 3 to 4 days up there, I was promised some riding if I brought the quads and I am looking forward to it. I have snowmachined up there but no quading. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Trail Report.

We all met at the parking lot around 1:30, it was me(AKBoy) and one of me buddies(Tim) and Snug and his wife and their 2 kids. Just like Snugs buddies could not come at the last moment so did a couple of mine but we had a great time anyways with only the six of us. We headed in and played on the dunes for a little while and after a rather interesting situation( I tried to go down the dunes using one of the chutes and turned to sharp and the front left tire on my Kodiak dropped into a rut and the quad tried to flip over but I managed to get all my weight on the uphill side and teetered there until my buddy(Tim) found me and we were able to get the wheeler leveled out and pointed down the hill correctly). Snug caught up with us and had no problems in the chute as he turned wider coming into it, his wife was alittle more nervous and we were able to get her thru it and we decided to do some flatland riding, Snugs wife is still learning and I have to say she is getting the hang of realy fast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

We headed back toward the Glacier and Tim found a good spot with lots of firewood and we pulled off the trail and got a fire going and got to know each other. I want to thank Snugs wife for making me that Mountain Pie it was delicious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. After the trail break we put the fire out and saddled up for another ride, we did not make the Glacier as the sun was dropping behind the mountians and the temp was falling fast( low 20's) and we turned around and headed back to the truck. We made good time and we made it back to the trucks around 6:30 I believe. By tire spin we rode around 30 to 35 miles.

It was a great time and I am looking forward to riding with Snug and his family again. When it starts to get warmer out my wife will join us and my kids as well.

If anybody who lives in the Anchorage area or Valley wants to get together this summer I plan on getting some trailrides together and go ride some different trails other then my usual haunts. Will probaly include camping as well and familys are included, of course we can do a couple of guys only trips [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], for the guys who want to go faster and farther then when we we have kids along who get tired and want to stop and play.

If anybody has some area you want to ride and want company give a holler and maybe we can get together. I want to do some trails off the Denali Highway as I have only ridden this area once and want to get back and fish some of the lakes.

Once again. Thank you Snug for coming with me and I compliment you on your kids, they were very well behaved and rode great. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks AlaskaBoy, we had a great time as well. The kids really enjoyed the entire day. Felicia felt a lot better after this time out.(it was only her 2nd trip) She is looking forward to the next one.
I am heading out again with 3 friends today.(they were gonna go yesterday) and one can't make it AGAIN.
Felicia was glad you talked her through the chute, she was really nervous there, but did well.
Hopefully we can get a few more follks on the board to join us next time.

Doug