Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nor California/Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nor California/Sacramento

Hey Guys,
Gee here, put me on the list of e-mail notifications for riding. I would like to find new places to ride too. Garmenia@excite.com
I have a raptor 350 that needs new friends
G

Old 12-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

Hey G, your welcome. What we have is a bunch of old and soon to be new friends, who get together and ride. We usually just send out e-mails on locations and time to meet. We ride just about everywhere including two great trips to nevada this year. I'll let you know the details. It will be saturday in the pipi area.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Regor,
Sounds great...I look forward to the riding. I'm not familiar with the pipi area though. Where is it?
G

Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

Hey Guys, great news we have a storm coming in. Snow up over the higher elevations, up to a foot they say. That will make the riding great. I can't wait.........

Old 12-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys, lets meet in plymouth at 800, there's a sierra trading post on the west side on hwy 49. Drop me an email or message if you're going .......roger

Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Regor,

This may sound like we're wussies but... I checked the weather up there; it's going to have some snow and be cold. For us fair weather Bay Area types, what is the scoop on what to wear and such? How far would we be away from the vehicles or a coffee shop to warm up? Any special requirements on driving up there pulling a trailer? I've got a Jeep 4wd so it should not be a big deal but the cold... Carnegie and Hollister are going to be 10 degrees warmer. Riding in the snow does sound cool.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

It won't be that cold, probably in the 40-50,. We can launch where you having a trailer won't be a big deal. Just layer up, tshirt-sweatshirt, a coat to break the wind. Good gloves will be just as important, as well as warm feet. wear 2 pair of socks, if you don't have warm boots. You can always take a layer off, which i think wiil probably happen. The snow is a balst, probably the most fun you can have on an atv.....see you in the morning. We can always start a fire if we need to, i have a fire permit. I really don't think we'll have to. It's going to be a beautiful dayl

Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

windtrader, I live up in the area the weather will probebly be in the upper fortys. layering is the key to keeping warm and a face mask or a scarf for your face realy helps, wear it under your helmet. my cheeks, nose, chin etc gets so cold! this will make your ride much more pleasurable. man I hate I can't go. all of you have a great time!

regor, I hope you plan another trip there soon, I'm there!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Regor,

I'm still on the fence about tomorrow. Just came back from getting some insulated boots and some mitts but still not sure; maybe it's too early for us. Look at PM for a message.

@Brute - If you live up there you're used to the cold. I got my heating bill for last month, it was maybe 40 bucks. I think the heat got turned on 2-3 times. Still T-shirt and shorts weather for some.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Range Rover

Next saturday is already a go. This is the best time to ride. I've only got too cold one time, and it was just above freezing and raining cats and dogs. Tomorrow should be perfect, you can't beat fresh snow.