Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nor California/Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nor California/Sacramento

Going again on the 8th. Meet in plymouth for breakfast at 0800, or 0900 without breakfast. The conditions are fantastic, hope everyone can make it.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Roger,

Sorry we missed you on the ground. Sounds like a great time. Keep the emails coming as we would like to go on the next one, weather permitting. Take a look at the video. After putting this together, we are pretty stoke now.

Don

route 33

Old 12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Regor

I see you ride PiPi area alot, Is it a place you would take beginning riders, I here the 33 loop is a nice ride, but never being there before hard to know. My mother and wife like to ride along with my dad and I, and they are not in to intimadating trails. One of our Quads is a 2wd, the rest are 500 4wd or better. Also we have a Sportsman 2 seater. We probaly wont be making any rides to after Christmas, If you and your friends are planning a ride, My dad and I would love to join ya. We are not spped junkies, or rock dare devils, just lookin for some enjoyable trails to hit.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

Hey Don, i take it you had a good time? Thats great, it's a great place to ride. Jim, i'm going this sat. the 8th. you're welcome, Seeing as how the weather looks like it going to be clear. We're going to try a different, and higher up place this weekend. Just read the above message, we usually meet in plymouth for breakfast. Don i hope you can make it, this trail is really beautiful, and Jim we welocme all skill levels of riders. My wife, who is a really enthusastic, but a rookie loves to ride, and goes on alot of our rides. So 8 for breakfast, if not about 9 should do.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Roger

Thanks for the invite, would love to take ya up on the offer, not sure if we can make it this coming weekend, Awesome to know your wife enjoys riding, my wife and mother really enjoy it too and would love to meet others that do aswell. I will keep in touch. I think once we get thru the hollidays I will Look ya up to ride together.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Roger,

Do you have any specifics on the trail you plan to ride, Elkins Flat area? I would like to enter the trail into Google Earth like I did on Route 33. It is really cool to see the area from the air and get a much better idea of what to expect. I can post it for others to get up to speed on the trails.

Also, nice to know I have an extra hour to get up there. Much easier and doable for us sleepy heads. I looked at the car navigator and figured out the roundtrip to Carnegie is about the time/distance as getting up to PiPi one way. Hoping for some good weather, although the report I saw showed rain/snow on Friday up there.

Don

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Range Rover

I'm confused, do you mean your going again on Saturday Dec 15th? if the weather is good me and my friend would like to join in this time, would love to get some riding in before the snow gets too deep. are you planing on riding at PiPi again, we would love to do the big loop, we have riddin part of it but not all 66 miles.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

have any of you ever ridden the Baltic Ridge trail area? this is where I usually go to ride, it's up off of Mormon Imigrant rd. miles and miles of awesome trails, leeks springs look out tower area also has great trails, including Buckskin Joe trail.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

yeah were going on the 15th, the trail that i want to hit takes in leek springs, and buckskin joe. We start on 9n40, and make about a 40 mile loop. 9n40 is just south of elkins flat Don, i don't think it will show up on google earth though. I use to hunt up on baltic ridge alot Button. I had a buddy whose family owned land in Happy valley.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

Hey Don, check out these pictures from my last nevada trip. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.intrepidexplorers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1495
">http://www.intrepidexplorers.o...opic.php?t=1495
</a>
If you enter desert creek road, smtih valley nevada in google earth you see the whole area, it's fantastic. double click on the pictures. You'll see the elevation on my gps.