Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th

Alright, I guess some people think that we're a bunch of yahooos who never register and like to **** people off. Well if you met us and rode with us, you'd think different. First of all, I ALWAYS REGISTER my ATV's. I don't even complain about paying $150/yr for them both. I don't see the point in paying $75 for two months though being I just bought the ATV . The only reason I ride there is because I hear that no one bothers you there. We do try to stay off the road and go right to the pit. I've also heard that the area is both in MA and NH...I don't know if this is true but I'm sure not registering in MA and NH. Now I'm only speaking for myself, but I only have good things to say about the people I've met there.

Oh yeah, the skid plate....I want to personally thank Bombardier for making it a mess. There are 8 bolts that hold the stock plate on. 4 of which are nicely behind the disc and sprocket. Buy the proarmor and it should bolt right under the stock one. I chose to cut most of the stock one off since it was mangled. I kept it on the sides to keep the bolt spacing the same. Make sure you allocate 2hrs to put it on. I'll show you next time you're there.

I may be there on Saturday now instead. I'm having scheduling conflicts but I'll let you all know.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Let ride... Can you say 70's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].... I may bring the Shee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

I can't wait to go...

Derek, what day are you going??

Old 04-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was up there last saturday morning. My first time there and thought the pits were pretty good. Are there more trails around I followed all that were around and it didn't seem like too many. I did not cross the street. Are there more trails or more pits over there? Overall it wasn't bad and only about a 20 min drive from home. I ride in dracut mostly and there are tons of trails couple good pits and brox's which has any thing you want huge hills straightaways jumps. The only problem is now that the weather is nicer the cops have dirtbikes and they sometimes have a car waiting on rt113 for you to cross the street.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, there are a bunch of trails and a 2 pits. You don't even have to cross any roads to get to them either. You can see the off shoot for these trails. They all lead to the back of developments so I try not to aggravate the houses.

Where do you ride in Dracut? I'm always down for some different territory. Do you get hassled alot?

Old 04-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like sunday.. Me & my wifes anniversay is Saturday so I don't want to **** her off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I thought you were going Sunday? Let me know....

Derek

Old 04-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: trzzy
I was up there last saturday morning. My first time there and thought the pits were pretty good. Are there more trails around I followed all that were around and it didn't seem like too many. I did not cross the street. Are there more trails or more pits over there? Overall it wasn't bad and only about a 20 min drive from home. I ride in dracut mostly and there are tons of trails couple good pits and brox's which has any thing you want huge hills straightaways jumps. The only problem is now that the weather is nicer the cops have dirtbikes and they sometimes have a car waiting on rt113 for you to cross the street.
Hi were in Dracut do you ride??

Did you ever ride in north reading I was talking to a guy there once that says he lived in Lowell I was just wondering if it was you??

Old 04-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

For one the nh maps will only show state trails. It will not show any that are privately owned. Brandy brow is owned by the junk yard. it was an active sand pit till about 1990. It is not an approved trail by state of nh or mass. dosen't confome to state trail standards so will neverbe listed. as a leagal place. Sanford maine is not listed either but the Game warderdens never bother you as long as you are registered. Registar in nh and will be all set. probolly mass also because you probolly cross in mass in some of the places.

Now merrimac state forest is a no no because they do not allow riding there. I do not belive..
But the best thing to do is stop because it just pisses them off even more if you run .. Yes registastion is expensive. but if the ticet is 100 bucks like it is in maine. well then registation is cheap.
If you want to be able to ride there just registar your bikes and stop for epo's and you will be ok ussally.

Old 04-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

That pit is privately owned epa has no rite to be there . unless there are asked by land owner to be there.
As far as registation fees . I pay 36 bucks for maine 78 bucks for Nh 40 bucks for mass and mass has no good trails on the eastern side of the state. all my budes pay just the opposite to be able to come to maine.
All that money goes to pay for trail devopoment look at the maine and nh atv sites and you will see that they are going to make some extenive trail systems in maine and nh soon. so every one should registar if you want places to ride.

Old 04-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Derek, I'll be there today at 12...sorry for the switching. There is a possibility that I may go for a couple hours tommorow morning but we'll see.

Quick Reply: Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th