Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Trail Conditions - Black River Falls & Clark Co - ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Conditions - Black River Falls & Clark Co - ?

Does anyone know when or how often they groom BRF & Clark County?

I'm trying to plan a trip up to the area and want to try and time it for the best possible conditions.

I heard a new trail opened that links BRF & Clark Co. trail systems together. Hopefully it stays open this time and they don't need to shut it down because of all the people who can't respect it.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Conditions - Black River Falls & Clark Co - ?

Clark county trails open up on May 1st and the Jackson County trails open on May 15th. They are closed down now becuase it is usually muddy and soft this time of year, but instead it is pretty dry at the current moment. I typically ride the trails from Merrillan, north of BRF to Hatfield or run up to Snyder park north west of Neillsville and from what I can remember from last year they might groom the trails once or twice a month depending on the conditions (ie. if it has been wet and they are all rutted up).

I know they added a detour to the trail that runs from Hatfield to Merrillan last year so you do not have to run down Gorman road anymore. I have not heard of a trail connecting the two systems together as of yet, last I heard it was talked about, but Hatfield residents didn't want it because of people riding like idiots and being all loud and such. I guess I will have to find out when the trails open again.