Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

I have't been up there yet this year.....I can't seem to find the time......

Old 05-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

How was Jones Creek? I am dying to get up there but can't find the time!

Old 05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry to be such a newbie, but where is Jones Creek from Vancouver?

Old 05-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

If you take 4th plain east from 164th, go towards Larch Mt. Ill try to pull the directions out. Its only 10 minutes east of that intersection. Good trails, but tight. And some rocks are hard on the rims. FYI. Be careful of the bridges for sidewall gashes---nails. I ride the rails of the bridge instead of sliding tires in trusses. Good advice.

Ken

Old 05-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

jonescreektrailriders.org is the site for the Jones Creek. I think that will guide you up there. They are a great club. Nice folk with a good purpose.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

OK...I wasn't able to get out this weekend. Everyone tell me how your weekend was?

hint: I am living vicariously through you.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

We made it down to Sand Lake on Sunday. Got down there just after what was described as a "Monsoon" of a rainstorm had just passed. (We, fortunately, did not see it). Sand was nice and not all chopped up. And the sun stayed with us all day to darken all exposed skin and burned some (Mrs.DSsideup) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But it was a great day of riding. Afterburner showed up to ride with his wicked fast ALBA sponsored Raptor minus the rocket booster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I wanted to see that thing in person. But he spanked me good, even giving me a 6 bike length head start.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and he was 3 bikes ahead of me at-least at the top. (Got to be conservative on the distance to save face).

He was having some problems with his cylinder seal and was losing oil and compression. But he spanked everything out there, even some fast Powroll equipped 770cc Raptors. For those of you that have never seen this bike, it is a must. He has a good runner. Go to Team Alba Motorsports and look at the video. Man, its cool without the afterburner on it.

Terry left having problems with the gasket and losing too much oil unfortunately. DSsideup and I went to shoot the trees and tease a few new KFX700 owners until they had tasted enough sand from our roost. Good clean competition always is fun. Thanks guys. It was fun!

We stayed until 7pm and were tired and hungry. Then off to dinner and the long 1-1/2 hour trip home. LOL.

Hope some of you make it next time.

Ken

Old 05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Old 05-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thinking of a late afternoon trip to Jones creek tomorrow. Prob at 5pm or so.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hi Everyone,

Since some of these events might be happening down that way, I thought I would post this info here for you guys and girls too.

The Pacific Northwest ATV Racing Association is in it's very introductory stages. The goal is to create a Cross Country ATV Racing series in the Pacific Northwest for the 2005 Racing season. Thoughts are to have a 6 race series with points accumulated for season championships. Races would be held at various locations around the Pacific Northwest. Possible locations are Goldendale, Richland, Longview and Morrow County ORV park. All races would be Grand Prix, Hare Scrambles, or Cross Country.
Dean Waters with Off-Road.com is working hard to get this organized. He is looking for suggestions and input from racers and people who would be interested in these types of events.
Here is a link with more info and to leave input of what you would like to see happen.

PNWARA

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.