Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cleveland, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:30 PM
CWG
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland, Ohio

Yup, I researched the HECK out of close riding areas. NONE. Forget the Jamie Flea market rumor, you'll get busted.
Forget the Avon power line myth. I asked cops I know in those areas, they never heard of it, they asked the chief and he said "oh, yeah, we impound a few bikes every year" -bummer-
You can get away with running power lines, but, you are trespassing. Period. You can get by forever, but if ONE cop wants to make your life miserable, you will lose.

I just drove 3+ hours to drive in S.E. Ohio. It was a blast. What a pain to haul that far to have fun. Wish Ohio would spend some bucks and set aside some of the many, many public lands. Hey, how about some of the 9000+ acres in Grand River????? An hour East from Cleveland and it would be great, a bit boring, but soooo close.

Hey ketoman, where in PA did you go?
What regs to drag my prairie there?
2 hours, seems quite a bit closer than the 3+ to my friends area or the 3 to Wayne national. A savings of 2+ hours for a day run.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cleveland, Ohio

lightman, i havent got ahold of my buddy yet, conflicting work.

i will be going to rumble on the ridge the 28 of this month. im going to take my boy with me, you are welcome to ride with us if you want to go.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleveland, Ohio

I havent been to rumble on the ridge yet this year but it can get very hot and very, very dusty there. 3 hours east to Marienville is fun. Edinboro (2 hours east) is up in the air yet. They had some problems there last year. So they sent out letters to previous participants asking if they'd come if the course was shortened this year. Wayne was cool but I havent been back since I was life-flghted out of there in 99. Thank goodness I have my 5-7 miles of my own. I love my own woods and my neighbors with a lake. I feel bad for everyone who doesnt have a little patch to ride on everyday.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:00 PM
CWG
Pro Rider
Default Cleveland, Ohio

I feel bad for everyone who doesnt have a little patch to ride on everyday

Yeah, us too.

So, post directions to your place, and you'll feel better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleveland, Ohio

Im sure you wouldnt want to drive from Medina for my short trail system! After an hour+ you'd be done.

Cher

Old 08-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleveland, Ohio

I was just over on the power lines last night looking for deer. You have to take the road on Brakeman to 86 and then make a run for it to get back on the power line. I have a friend on the corner of Leroy Center Rd. and the north/south powerline so I have a place to stop in. I also used to ride with a fellow on Indian Point and we'd do the power lines east west.

Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleveland, Ohio

Originally posted by: CWG<Hey ketoman, where in PA did you go?
What regs to drag my prairie there?

Sup CWG, my girl and I went to SHaron, PA.......the BAY View riding area at Shanango Lake. Approx 1.5 hours from Solon, OH. Wasn't overly impressed, but it was a place to ride.

Still haven't made it to Canton........supposed to be some NICE trails there......name of the place is Bear Creek and Ellison Street are the two places I found via searching the net........but I have NO personal exp. to either of those places though.

Has anyone been to Ashtabula? Pine Lake is name of the place .........?

By the way..........anyone in/near Cleveland interested?

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://classifieds.atvconnection.com/classifieds.cgi?
db=b_atv&website=&language=&session_key=&search_an d_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=2 909&query=retrieval ">CLICK HERE </a>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cleveland, Ohio

ketoman, you are right up the street, I'm in shaker hts. What do you ride?

Old 08-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleveland, Ohio

Originally posted by: Lightman
ketoman, you are right up the street, I'm in shaker hts. What do you ride?

Hey LM.......to answer your question, nothing pretty soon.......LOL

Read this: CLICK

Old 08-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Cleveland, Ohio

Nothing at Pine Lake. They have the GNC TT track and a xc/trail thingie. It's not for anyone to ride tho. I've known about it for 11 years and never been on it.
Yes there are places to ride around Canton. Wish I could tell you where [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Any more info on the Edinboro Pa. run???

Quick Reply: Cleveland, Ohio