Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moab, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab, Utah

Moab has got to be one of the ultimate ATV trail riding areas in the USA. 2,300 miles round trip & 20 hrs. driving (one way) from my home in Oklahoma was worth every mile, & i would do it again if i ever get the chance. My son & i joined 3 others there for 3 days of some of the best riding i've done. Two of the guys are from this forum & one of their friends, we never met before Moab. We stayed at Archview Resort & campgrounds 9 miles north of Moab on hwy. 191, in view of Arches Nat'l Park. Our deluxe cabins were small but suitable , as we had a bathroom & shower, even a microwave. First day out, April 15th, we left from Archview on our Atv's( 3 AC 650'S, 1 660 Grizzily, & 1 400 Eiger. The trail was Gemini Bridges, trailhead being just across the hwy. from Archview, no trailering. We spent the day riding Gemini, upper & lower & other trails connecting with Gemini, Gold Bar, Metal Masher to name a couple. It was awesome & not too difficult at all, very scenic, bring your camera. Second day, Apr.16th, we loaded up our ATV's & headed south toward Moab & scenic hwy. 128, which is the 1st road after crossing the Colorado River on the north edge of the town of Moab, turn east & follow the river, which is also a beautiful drive, to Castle Rock sign & turn right & head toward the snow covered La Sal Mountains,elev. 12,700 ft., our destination. You will eventually come to a parking area. We rode the mountains as high as we could before the snow got too deep to negotiate. Had lunch at a pretty mt. lake & spent the day exploring the mt. trails & roads, & enjoying the greenery of evergreens & white barked aspens. Totally different country than the red rock trails. Third day, Apr. 17th we again traveled to Moab & hung a right a right at Mc Donalds & headed to Harrah Pass, & Kane Creek. Harrah Pass takes you high above the Colorado River & has outstanding vistas that'll take your breath away. If you like water crossings & riding the creek , you will love Kane Creek as the crossings are numberous & a lot of fun. Its a full day to take all this in , so pack a lunch. We were rained out on our proposed 4th day of riding, so we packed up & headed home, & 20 hrs. later we were there, after driving straight thru. I would suggest radios & GPS, but there not absolutely necessary. I hope to return to ride some of the other trails around Moab someday soon, but i'm glad we rode the ones i've mentioned. It was a blast. Regards, Jerico1

Old 05-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moab, Utah

Brings back a lot of memories! I have done all the rides you mentioned, but on the mountain bike not the quad. Need to go back again, SOON!

Old 05-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moab, Utah

Jerico1:
Couldn't of said it any better than you just did.
Yep, I was there with Jerico1 & we did have allot of Fun.
I too want to go back to Moab again but next time I will want to try it in the Fall months.
bfb650bearcat

Old 05-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab, Utah

My group was there from April the 20th to May the 3rd. We drove from South East Texas and the drive was worth it.

Next year we plan on riding the Utah portion of the Great Western Trail in Sept.