Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sticker Needed ToRide In Wis ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 04:40 AM
Mac
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the latest on havingto purchase a ORV sticker to ride on the DNR trail system??
If a ORV sticker or trail sticker is required where would one go to purchase one?
I heard from a local DNR CO state that Wis will honor Michigan ORV and have a system similar by purchasing a sticker whee fishing and hunting licenses are purchased!

Mac The Red Rhino

Old 08-01-2000, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

Also I am curious do you have(emphasize on HAVE to) to be registered in your own state to get this trail pass? Thanks for posting I wanted to know this too! Can you have pipes? I heard for snow mobiles the locals cannot but someone from out of state CAN is this the same with ATV's? Helmets required? We already ride with them but just curious. Thanks!

Old 08-01-2000, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hello Mac,

Minnesota has a reciprocal agreement with Wisconsin for ATVs. No permit required.

Snowmobile permits must be purchased for snowmobiles used on DNR Trails such as the Gandy Dancer.

Michigan and Wisconsin? The DNR officer in Hurley told J.O. that he had to buy a Wisconsin sticker for his Michigan ATV. However....

Somebody needs to bring us fully up to date on the latest from the Wisconsin DNR. Their web page is still under construction and a call to one of the field offices is needed.

Old 08-02-2000, 10:29 PM
Mac
Range Rover

Well Folks I'am still waiting for a answer from the DNR Office of Wisconsin on what I need and appears an application for $12 and a copy of the bill of sale showing that I paid sales tax on the machine. Once I hear something officially I will keep you all posted.

Mac The Red Rhino

Old 08-06-2000, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Wait untill you see where they want you to mount the stickers...ugly..I'm glad I live in Minnesota!!

Old 08-07-2000, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have contacted them also. The information I have gotten so far is very little. All I know is it is like $12 like you mentioned. They didnt tell me any requirements for registration but they said they were sending me one so I could let you know when I get it. The sticker location is right on the side or your gas tank.....Yah know conveniently right over TOP of your pretty model and brand name stickers? I'll let you guys know when I get the registration in the mail!