Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wisconsin flooding... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin flooding... HELP

1" above stock YFZ handlebar height..

BTW,, I had to tell Ranger Rick to quit poking at my spark arrester with his fancy dancy spark checker because if he poked it out or thru it he would be replacing it! I even told him three times to look at the sticker on the exhaust and take the Jardine Forestery approved issuance numbers from it and check it out with the Forest Service.

Wonder if it was the same guy that tagged you? He was something else..

Wonder why they aren't check for fishing licenses? or something a bit more legit than harrassing every ATV crossing the road.

Later in the day I also had the opportunity to put my nice YFZ into the woods in 4th gear.. my replacment rear brake pads (aftermarket) unfortunately have no braking affect at all when you get them wet and they are not completely dry..Didn't know this till I actually had to bail off and let the quad take on the trees alone.. wasn't pretty site for me or the quad. My new OEM Yamaha pads will be on my quad before I ride it again.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Thx, let me know when you go riding again....................................

& Ranger Schults Borke out the same fancy dancy spark arrester checker on the Z

As for #s he could say what he wanted on that, just like he said about my Z,

Not haveing registration in MN,(witch I do) why is my falut your computer data base is not up to date...

As for the bail off YOU ok?????Hows the YFZ????

Old 06-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Me:

sore shoulders, knee, arms, index finger .. just glad I was wearing all the equipment including shoulder pads/chest protector..nothing broken, I am sure my collar bone would have been messed up totally without the shoulder pads. Added a nice knarly bruise to the helmet when I hit the ground,, should consider replacing it too. plain and simple I was VERY lucky to not have to dig into my carried Vicoden injury supply for serious pain..only required a few Aleve.

Quad:

front bumper is toast.. however it saved my frame, a-arms, front shock and plastic. I have a minor bend in one lower a-arm (+1 GYT-R set) from the bumper completly folding and then the tree smacking the a-arm, however with less impact. Its not going to affect anything and my toe alignment did not even change.. the stock aluminum a-arm would have folded up with this impact.

Have a replacement front GYT-R bumper on the way and some new oem brake pads.

That $120 bumper saved me alot of potential damage and cost and that fact that the tree impacted the bumper and not some other area first on the quad.

BTW, have regained some new respect for that YFZ and the performance it carries!! You can get yourself in some serious trouble quickly if your not carefull.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you are OK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Sounds like ya took a nasty spill, That tree still standing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]????

I also Have some new respect for my Z..

I Hit a little ravine in 3rd didnt think any thing about it,

Had been over the same spot a few times that day,

Next thing i new i was doin a superman.....

Landed on my shoulder,Rang my bell a bit.

Iam also Glad that I had all my equipment on!!!!!!!!

We will have to see who has the Best knarly bruise on there Brain Bucket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Range Rover

mnrap..You said they check your width and you were to wide. how wide is to wide? I always ride my LT500R Suzuki up there and it is as wide or wider than yours probably but I haven't rode up there this year yet and have not ran into this in the past..Thx..Dean

Old 07-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Dean

Mine was right at 48" and that is the limit. I did check the book with WS atv laws and I did find that specific rule. although it was in an obscure location.

Law reads: must be at 48" or less

I wonder how the DS 650 guys will do with the enforecement of that law?

Old 07-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

Boy, I think my LT500 r is about 52" without going out and taping it. Seems that it is pretty silly that they have been riding them out there since 1987 and now all of the sudden they are to wide to ride on the trail. Someone told me that if the DS650 reversed their front rims. they could use them. We have a cabin up there but it looks like I'm about through riding up there. My LT 500 has a cbr600 motor in it and I'm still changing and modifying it and so I intend to ride it SOMEPLACE. I have to much time and work into it and it is to much fun NOT to ride. I will ride it down here on the Cheese Co. trail I guess. I am in the process of mating a stock Honda muffler on it with a spark arrestor now to be legal in that department and then this comes along. Oh well, so goes it and I guess they mke the rules and if we don't like it, we need to contact our State Representatives and do our complaining where it MAYBE could do some good.....Thx for the info...Dean

Old 07-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Dean

You may want to run in Clark County. I've never had any problems with any type of checks there. Only in BRF, it seems that the DNR is out in full force at some of the highway crossings.

Sounds like you have a very special quad there.. any photos of it?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

MNRAP..Thanks for the info..Yes I have a couple of pictures of it but I don't know how to post them on this site. If you send me your email address, I can send them directly to you. If I knew how to post them on this site, I would I would do that. I am in the state of Oregon right now on the coast and will be back to Wisconsin about Sunday evening. I am using a computer in the motel business office..Thx again..Dean

Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

didn't someone get killed in a atv accident in clark county this past weekend? i thought i heard something about that

Quick Reply: Wisconsin flooding... HELP