Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed

A group of 15 people are planning a trip to the Honobia Creek/ Broken Bow OK. area in Sept and need some information and or GPS coordinates. My brother and I are going next weekend to look the area over to better plan the ride.
Any information will help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Griz,

I ride honobia creek alot. If you're coming up thru Paris,TX, you'll find yourself in a town called Hugo, OK. Get on 70 and go east to 93 north. You'll come to Rattan, OK. Get whatever water and supplies you need there at the Texaco convience store (they're good people).

You're gonna turn left (southeast) on Cloudy road. You'll go thru the small town of Cloudy, OK. and about 5 miles further down t he road you'll see a hard left hand turn with a low water crossing at the bottom of the hill. Welcome to Honobia Creek.

If you stay on cloudy road, you'll cross the river (little river) and the trails over there are great too. Make sure you take pictures from the top of the devils backbone. everyone does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

if i can be of further help, you can reach me at (dunnsoutdoors at aol.com)

Keith

Old 06-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

PS Griz,

everyone will need to purchase a land use permit. they're about $20 and good for a calendar year. you can get it wherever licenses are sold (like the texaco convience store in rattan).

Keith

Old 06-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info Heywood. This trip is to get an idea on how to plan our major ride in Sept. Our plans are to locate the riding area log a few trails on a GPS and check out cabin rentals. The number of people in our group is growing because Texas is really hurting for good places to ride.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

Griz,

I know that there are cabins for rent in the town of perkins, ok. i believe that you can reach the trails from your cabin on your atv ... no need to trailer to a trail head. as far as price, i dont have a clue, but i'll ask around if you like.

i have a few pictures on my page of honobia creek and others if want to see them. its pretty rocky terrain, and some of the trails get kinda hairy .. but nothing a new rider cant handle if they're careful. its some pretty country to ride in so make sure you have plenty of film (or your digital).

the rivers have some pretty good smallmouth fishing so bring your ultralight equipment if youre so inclined.

if i can help, just holler. i can be reached directly at dunnsoutdoors@aol.com

keith

Old 06-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

hey griz,

give this place a look : http://www.ponderosacabinsok.com/

i think this might be what youre lookin for

keith

Old 06-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Hey, Don't know alot about Honobia, but its connected to the Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area whitch is east another 300,000 acers we always stay at the (whip poor Will) whiperwil@pine-net.com it is 12 miles north of Browken Bow on 259. About 15 of us are going in July for some swimming and night riding to beat the heat. We have been going there for about 5 years atlease 4 times a year.And you have to go there more than once to figure it out the Honobia and three rivers is over 500,000acers. I have riden the Honobia once about three years ago and the area we were in was not very hilly and had alot of clear cut areas.If you stay at the whiperwill please be very quite and curteous around the cabins its the only place I know of that you can ride from the cabins into the forest...PS. let me know if want more info...

Old 06-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

ive hunted and camped both areas for about 40 years now. i admit that i dont know much about the cabins in the area because we always camp. but dunnycat is right, there is close to half million acres to play in and youre going to find every type of terrain.

you cant help but have fun.

keith

Old 06-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

Hey, Heywood or Kieth what is Canadian River South east Oklahoma Land?

Old 06-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

hey john,

are you in the same group that's coming up in july? or are you a different group altogether?

im asking because a few of us are planning a trip to that area in july too. but we havent nailed down a time yet.

give me a time frame when you get one and maybe we can cross trails somewhere.

keith

Quick Reply: Info on Honobia Creek and Broken Bow OK. needed