Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wv snakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wv snakes?

does any one know what kind are in west virginia? I had one attack my raptor. lol it was funny but it kind of worryed me what if it decides to attack me instead. Well short version of story is i was riding down a trail and it jsut jumped out of the woods at my front tire and then agian at my rear tire but i was kinda far by then. It missed both times but was pretty scary. Then me and my buddy stoped in a opening abotu 15 feet after and the snake was in the attack postion in the middle of the trail. i guess it tought or felt i was attacking it but it was really agreasive and didnt run into the woods on the side of the trail but stayied out. My friend thinks it had a nest and was protecting it but i dont know? Any ideas?

oh oops it was a long black snake? dont know if it had a rattler didnt stay around to find out and not sure on what else?

Old 06-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default wv snakes?

The only two types of poisonous snakes around here are Northern Copperheads and Timber Rattlers. Both are bad news and I wouldn't mess with either one. Probably what you saw was a Rat snake or possibly a Kingsnake. The king eats both copperheads and rattlers, but it's not poisonous itself.

Never seen a snake attack an ATv before. Musta pissed him off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default wv snakes?

"long and black"..........sounds like a long Blacksnake to me. I see'em all the time. They are not poisonous. They do a lot of good around the farm. They like to eat rats and mice. This one just had an attitude I guess. No need to kill it, they are good to have around. Scary, but good. Rattlers have a mottled brown color. They are really hard to spot, unless they are moving. Great camo.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default wv snakes?

Rode down near Pinnacle Creek last Sunday and saw three copperheads. First time I've seen'em on the trails.