Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Louisiana Dunes July 4th?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana Dunes July 4th?!?!?!

I might go sunday to check it out...I will be alone on my raptor....so feel free to say hi if you see me...or ask me to race....cause I am an easy 1 to beat....so you can brag to friends how you smoked a 04 piped raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

will be there around 11-12 I guess

Old 07-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

WHite truck and hauler....Should be in camp 22

Old 07-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look for the big guy riding a black Ds. You cant miss me. I will be there Sunday with my brothers riding there bikes, Banshee and Prairie 700.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:11 AM
CED
Pro Rider

Well made it to the dunes today,and man it was freakin crazy out there.We waited in line for an hour and a half to get in the gates ,and we wre there at 8 in the morning.I will never do a big holiday there again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just getting back in from the Dunes. Good crowd for a Sunday. couple hundred bikes. We got there around 8:20 or so and we went straight in. Parking lots were real full we had to park in the back. Got to see a 10mil Shee torch the dunes. That baby was smoking. He took out a 4mil shee like it wasnt even moving. Good group of fast bikes. 470 Yzf on nos was fast. I saw several bikes running nos today. Big surprise to me I took out a Zilla with a 750cc street bike motor on 3 different runs. Seems he doesnt have it dialed in yet.

I won a few and lost a few more. The new gearing helped and hurt. I couldnt keep the front end down. It helped because I was reeling in bikes that usually pulled me through the gears.

Got to see a Prarie 650 take out several big bore ex's and a couple of shees. All in all, it was a good trip and got to do a bunch of racing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I made it out there on Saturday and it took me about 3 hours just to get through the gate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Sorry I didn't look you up shaun but there were so many freaking people out there it was crazy. I did get to hook up with my buds from n2gear. They have the big enclosed trailer with the n2Gear logo on the side. Oh yeah, I was riding the only red trx 250R out there.

Old 07-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Dang I wish I would have went now.

I just looked on the LADune website and it says this now.

All Heavy equipment such as Tractors, Caterpillars,

or any other used for the purpose of grooming the

dunes are no longer allowed at The Dunes Inc

Something must have happend.
I have yet to see any of these machines groom anything out there yet.

Old 07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, something happened...a friend of a friend had to get air medded out Saturday because he crashed after hitting the whoops on the drag strip. I don't know but it seems to me that if someone were allowed to smooth out a drag area then it would present much safer riding conditions, in that area that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

On Sunday morning they had to shut down the dunes for about 45minutes due to a kid dislocating his shoulder when he flipped off his motorcycle. The dunes were ruff as usual.

I agree, he should allow people to smooth it out but, he wont.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
CED
Pro Rider

Any news on the new place Sicily Island ?

Quick Reply: Louisiana Dunes July 4th?!?!?!