Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sicily Island,La.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island,La.

Sucks a big ole root.There are some steep hills up by where you park,but I didn't feel like Evil Knievel today.It could maybe turn into something, but it needs alot of work.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:09 AM
CED
Pro Rider

Well i hope he get's some work done on it.How did your bike run.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Wheelies like a big dog.Need to put the 5 over back on it and try it lowered.Couldn't hang with Kajun on the big end,alky and out frame drag pipe on a CLEAN 250r.Just wish more folks would have showed.Plus it was too hot!

Old 07-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I feel the same way 401 does about this new place. It definately has potential but if I'm gonna drive two and a half hours to ride I may as well give ole Barney some business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] It was nice to meet and talk/ride with 401 and Voodothenoob. They are really nice guys with nice bikes. It was pretty hot so I loaded up early and headed back home and we went riding on the Comite river on our 4x4 bikes...much cooler than riding in a sand pit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im going to try and talk him into letting me level the levee and extend the dragstrip to say the least. He has had a few bikes there now and we will have to see where he takes it from here. I only live 15 mins away, so I will keep everyone updated.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Choose, if you level the levee, about how far will it extend the drag strip??

Old 07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would say an additional 200+. This would give us a good 300ft run with shut down room if he lets me do it like I want to do it.

Old 07-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

place does have potiential, but with a small group of riders...it will take forever to get it where it needs to be...

since I am not into draggin' ....yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

the trails and hills and such is what I was looking at and seemed like it could be fun...however....with all the trails 2-way traffic....and my dumb azz doing a powerslide around 1 of the turns in 4th gear to see a family of 4 coming the other way....I was a little shocked...and oh sheett....off the trail I went....just a bit....all was good but I bet I scared the crap out of them....along with myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I probably would of liked it more if there was about 20 or more peeps there....maybe like at least 10 draggin' and at least 10 trail riding/goofing off

like the others said...long drive for me....2+hours at 70mph + on them back *** rds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

cajun and 401 were the only 1's there setup for dragging...so I can see how that trip sucked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

next few months, I will stay at Kisatchie National forest and Ft. Polk....need to save some pennies for some sand wheels/tires [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I did enjoy just BS'ing w/cajun and 401...just wish I didnt drive so far to BS (unless of course we got some hotties going next time)
both are very cool and friendly

Old 07-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

if I'm not mistaken, the place just "opened" right. As in, it's not 100% done, but opened early so the owner can see what people want and make it happen

seems like a very open minded guy from what people have said.

give it a chance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hell, I'm willing to make the 4 hr drive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats right KRAW, he opened early to get more funds to make improvements that the riders want to make. He is very open minded, but now that he has had a few weekends to accumalate a little money, Im interested to see what kind of improvements that he is going to make. Because, 2 weekends ago, it was about 20-30 bikes riding in one day. The place has potential, but, it takes money to make money. I told him I would bring my tractor up and help anyway that I could just to see the place grow. So, whenever I get home Wednesday, Im going to get with him to see how interested he is in making it happen.

Quick Reply: Sicily Island,La.