Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sicily Island,La.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island,La.

I would recommend lengthening the drag area and drawing a strip map of the place(map) outlining the trails, terrain....then post that map on the net....I rode quit a few trails that led me to a dead end...which could lead to accidents...

thats my 2 cents....fix up the drag area a bit, and make a map of the trails(mark the dead ends)

I don't know if he had a trail that was a loop...but that would be cool. and the area around the dragstrip could be made into a little track....which could be a lot of fun to race on for the non-drag quads

lots of potential(work) and like I said earlier....more peeps need to be involved....cause 1 old man aint going to be able to do it by himself

Old 07-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

well, my father in law has a fishing camp on Turkey Creek Lake that needs some plumbing issues resolved. There was some electrical issues, but Ford_Forgotton fixed those last time we were there. Once it gets done, I want to make a weekend trip out of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Shooot, I'm used to driving to Monroe so Wisner is actually easier.

Oh, plus, there's a Johnny's pizza in Winnsboro!

Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

KRAW, I will most likely be riding in Sicily Island for the weekend. I will have about 3-4 bikes with me.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

You can complaine about the temp and the location and the number of people that where there but the main thing is if you sit back and look at this place he has alot to offer....And if that does not work for you look at the fact that this guys is busting azz to try to make this place into something that is great for all bikes...not just sport not just utility....I talked with him for prob a total of 6 hours along with CHOOSE and I know this guy is doing everything he can to make this place nice......He did not even want to open until he had it atleast 85% of it finished but he could not keep digging in his pocket to do these things.....So the way I look at it is I can bring my money to barney who is going to do nothing but take it....OR I can go to this place and stay without having someone running around hollaring about EVERYTHING...and over charging....and know that a few months down the road that my money has gone to a good cause...something other than Barney's crockidile boots!.....Guys I am not trying to be rude, as most all of you know I am very easy to get along with but I want everyone to sit back and look with an open mind about what we as riders look for in a location, and remeber ROme was not built in a day....Give the guy some time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well said Shaunon1..............

Old 07-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

good plan...and good luck....just gave some feed back from my 2 + hour drive....and it does have lots of potential.

but also understand my point of view...I have 1000's of acres of trails on the base I am at and no1 yelling at me for free....

and kisatchie is just 20 minutes away(also free)

for the riders that are close by....good luck...

when its ready....I will check it out again...

I know how things on forums can be misinterpreted....not my point....I liked the place...just wish more peeps were there to actually go riding

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I see where you are coming from.....I also have the forest but you never can tell when it is going to be open with all of the rain....I can promise you I am the same way about the # of people being out there but this place has not been open very long and I have a good feeling that after it has been open for a while that it will be a great place....Like I said I just want to make sure everyone keeps an open mind....I also understand the drive....I live in Alexandria and I never go for the day anywhere unless it is in my back yard, and I try to keep those trips short.....It is about 70 miles from me and the drive is not something I factor in cause if I go within 20 miles of my house I will have the hauler with me.....So I can spend the weekend.....My main thing with this place is I think once it is more than 20% complete it will have something to offer everyone....And that means lots of peeps...Which is something we all like!

Old 07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah yall, like I said, Im going to talk to him Thursday about extending the dragstrip for a start and providing my equipment to help out in any way that I can. By the way with what has been said so far, can I expect to see anybody there this weekend?

Old 07-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

If I am able I will be there.......I still have not heard from the Dr. so i am still waiting on that but if I have not had the surgery by this weekend you can count me in...I will prob have 5 or 6 with me. I have another buddy that likes the mud and if he and his crew are able I will have them with me also. That part of the group is about 15 strong.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said before, the place definately has potential and my hats off to the guy for providing another place to ride. He seems to really care about what riders want in a riding area...unlike Barney. I'm sure this place will turn out to be a success once it's "up and running". I just wish I lived closer so I could help the guy out any way I can. I think once the word gets out and more people start showing up and offer more suggestions on what they would like to see at the place the owner should have a really nice riding/camping area. Again, my hats off to this guy for doing what he's doing because the number of places to ride seems to keep shrinking.

Quick Reply: Sicily Island,La.