Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern VA

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern VA

i used to live in sterline now i live in Aldie/South Riding. so yeah i've never head of this place by 606

Old 09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Northern VA

Well I got to go to tomahawk instead of the spot off 606 and 28. I had some friends that went there and one of the guys that rides with them got into a bad accident and he's not doin all that well. He had to get lifted from the scene and to the hospital. He is in stable condition I believe and and in ICU. He has a collaped lung broke ribs and broke leg. What happened was he was riding his 4x4 and everyone else was riding ther banchees and raptors and he tried to pass them not knowing that there was a turn coming and went through the tree's. The bike followed and hit him after he had already hit the tree, and that is how we think that he got the broke ribs and puctured lung. I just hope that recovers soon. Just want people to rede responcible and please where riding gear.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Northern VA

comeone everyone we are riding this weekend

Old 04-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Northern VA

I know that this is an old post but would like to pass this along.

Here is information for anyone that would like to know what and where this place is located.

-From Rt. 55 take Fort Valley road (Rt. 678) south for roughly eleven or twelve miles.
-Take a right onto Woodstock Tower road (Rt. 758) and drive roughly three miles.
-You will see signs for Trail head/ Camping/ ATV riding on the left.

This area is the northern entry point of Peters Mill Run. The roads are rough and not easy to maneuver trailers through the undersized and snaky countryside roads.

I prefer to ride to Taskers Gap on Edinburg Gap road (Rt. 675) and park in the larger and better marked lot. From this main lot one can ride in either Taskers, or, cross the street and enter the southern entry point of Peters Mill Run.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Northern VA

I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks and will need to earn a KP since I'm going to the Richmond Race on may 6th but I'm up for a short day. Since it's public land I'm assuming there are age restrictions. I'd love to bring my 3 yr old down and let him ride with me. Anyone go over to the place by AOL off Waxpool. I think the place off 606 and this connect. Is it a saft place to take young kids. 3 and 10.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Northern VA

Hey

I know a few places around Fredrickburg Va. But with hunting season it cuts down on my spot I can go. Unless its Sundays. Im also looking for a place to ride close by. Im in Goldvein Va 22720. If anyone know of any spots to ride, PLEASE let me know. And let me know if anyone wants to try the some of my spots.

Spot 1: Powerlines: Muddy, Very fun. Bring a tow strap. It's State Owned: Never been stoppped Goldvein, Va

Spot 2: Small track 35 arces backs to spot 1 Good bit of Mud: Forest Riding and Open "I have permission"

Spot 3: Best Place I have every riden: 1/2 mile from my House. 500 arces I rode for two days and still know theres
more trails out there. Water,Mud,a few jumps, Very Very Fun. But.....Here's the deal......This land is owned
by a woman that rents it to a hunt club. They just start using it about two years ago. I used to ride back
there all the time (15+ years). I was back there about 3 months ago. I saw a guy in a truck. I though he
was off roading. It turns out to be one of the 12 guy of the hunting club and told me not to be back there.
I understand during hunter season, but the rest of the 8 months, Damn....I'm just try to ride. So I learned
a lesson that day. Never stop. Just pop it into 3rd and haul ***.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Northern VA

Hey

I know a few places around Fredrickburg Va. But with hunting season it cuts down on my spot I can go. Unless its Sundays. Im also looking for a place to ride close by. Im in Goldvein Va 22720. If anyone know of any spots to ride, PLEASE let me know. And let me know if anyone wants to try the some of my spots.

Spot 1: Powerlines: Muddy, Very fun. Bring a tow strap. It's State Owned: Never been stoppped Goldvein, Va

Spot 2: Small track 35 arces backs to spot 1 Good bit of Mud: Forest Riding and Open "I have permission"

Spot 3: Best Place I have every riden: 1/2 mile from my House. 500 arces I rode for two days and still know theres
more trails out there. Water,Mud,a few jumps, Very Very Fun. But.....Here's the deal......This land is owned
by a woman that rents it to a hunt club. They just start using it about two years ago. I used to ride back
there all the time (15+ years). I was back there about 3 months ago. I saw a guy in a truck. I though he
was off roading. It turns out to be one of the 12 guy of the hunting club and told me not to be back there.
I understand during hunter season, but the rest of the 8 months, Damn....I'm just try to ride. So I learned

Old 10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Northern VA

Let me know if youy guys are looking to ride anytime soon.

Hey