Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

disney dam area in n.e. oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disney dam area in n.e. oklahoma

need info on the riding area around disney oklahoma any help would be thankful

would like to know diffulculty level

and where the best place to ride

thanks

Old 10-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

I did not see many quds there when I was into rockcrawling and I went there a lot. We did take a friends sport quad once and it was surprisingly fun. I am taking mine when I head down with 4x wheelin friends next time. There are some STEEP climbs though, and of coarse a lot of rocks to damage a quad.

Have fun

Old 10-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Our group is going to go on Sunday to try it out. We've heard good things and bad things about it. All we can do is go look for ourselves. Anyone else interested? Drop us a line...

Dawn
racechick73@yahoo.com

Old 10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

Are you camping? I reccomend Hogan's campground. He is the local that does his best to keep the place open to 4x's and ATV's. HELLUVA nice guy and has some interesting rigs to boot. You can drop right on the trails from the campground which means no hauling them around for the most part. Eat at PJ diner, they are pro-ORV there as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have fun and report back what you think. I am talking from my 4x days there, not much knowledge otherwise.

Old 10-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

BELOW THE DAM, HAVE RIDEN THERE ONCE...ALL KINDS OF TERRAIN, STEEP HILL CLIMBS , BOGS, GRAVEL,SLICK ROCK..HOGANS IS A CAMPGROUND VERY NEAR THERE LIKE RIGHT THERE. THE TOWN OF TIJUANA IS 4X4 / ATV FREINDLY (10MPH-NO STUPID RIDING) EXIT RIGHT RIGHT AFTER DAM AND KEEP GOING ABOUT 1/2 MI AND TURN LEFT YOU WILL FIND HOGANS.
CAN YOU SAY SKEETERS AND TICKS? BRING OFF! BE CAREFUL.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the info...we're going tomorrow...we'll give you all our opinions later...I think it'll be cool...

Dawn

Old 10-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Ok...just got back from Disney...well...I flipped my Grizzly on Panty Hill...the place where all the panties are hanging in the tree up the steep hill...

We were coming off the back side of it and I was 2nd to last to go DOWN the hill...I started down...got sideways...and WHAM!!!...flip...I think it ended up flipping 3 times. Mostly cosmetic scuffs to the plastic...bent the handles down (easily fixed) and just scuffed. I was underneath it when it flipped. I got some road rash on my left shoulder and elbow, but I was VERY VERY lucky!!! I think it scared Tyler and my bro in law Chris more because they watched most of it happen and couldn't help!!!

Needless to say, I was pissed off, but it was an accident. The guys flipped it over (Thank YOU!) and we went back on our way.

Other than that, I loved the trails and loved the rocky area by the water. We had a drag race before all of this and I won. I beat all the guys...what fun!!! We watched the Jeeps rock crawl some and they are having a dirt bike/moto cross event next Saturday and Sunday that I would love to watch. They are setting up the obstacles and events today and it looks awesome!!!

Anyways, it was an interesting day...but hey, we came back alive (scuffed...LOL!) and we're ready for the next ride....

Dawn

Old 10-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Glad to hear you had a good time and glad you didn't get hurt. There are some STEEP climbs there for sure. I almost ended up under my Raptor yesterday, but luckily got out and no damage was done.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

HEY RACE CHICK THERE WILL BE A MOTORCYCLE TRAILS COMPETITION THERE NEXT WEEKEND BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING ON YESTERDAY(10/17/04)
RATE THE DISNEY AREA...DID YOU STAY AT HOGANS? DID YOU RIDE INTO TOWN? WERE THEY RUNNING WATER?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Hippyhunter
DID YOU RIDE INTO TOWN?
To my knowledge you can't ride in town, hence the reason to stay at hogan's (aside from the shop with air tools, etc) and supporting a man that all for what we are doing and is a very avid person when it comes to ORV's.

Originally posted by: Hippyhunter
WERE THEY RUNNING WATER?
I don't undersand your question, but if you are wondering if Hogan's has running water...yes and showers, etc. Even a food stand on busier weekends.

Quick Reply: disney dam area in n.e. oklahoma