Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

disney dam area in n.e. oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disney dam area in n.e. oklahoma

I was asking RACECHICK73 if she rode into town and yes you can if you keep it under 10mph.
I was just wondering her impression of the area.
later all...

Old 10-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

All my times in Disney and I never saw one quad on the city streets is why I say this. It's more of a 4x4 truck scene there and very few quads were ever seen by myself anyway. I never went back into the trees/hills to much though.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all...well while we were there...we saw more ATVs there than Jeeps and other rock crawlers. We saw quite a few motorbikes too. We parked over past the spillway on a small dirt area. We rode into Hogan's to use the restrooms. They had a nice area set up...quite a few folks in there. They were all very friendly there. We met another couple on ATVs who led us to a spot on the trails.

We didn't see anyone riding their ATVs in town, but we did see a friendly Disney police officer sitting in his cruiser right off the dirt road by the dam. Overall, it was a very clean area and everyone seemed really friendly. The campsites looked nice...$7 to camp from what I saw. They had a lot of signs up for ORV cautions on roadways. We saw a couple on a golf cart who were picking up trash at Hogan's who were nice.

I really liked the area. We're ready to go back. We had a total of 7 ATVs there and we saw about 7 or more others out there. We really thought it was an ATV friendly area.

The gentleman setting up the competition obstacles was very nice. He told us about the competition and invited us to come back out. He said the Channel 2 news sports guy was out there that same day. I guess they will be covering the event some.

Dawn

P.S. We are thinking about going out to see the competition on Sunday. It should be interesting.