Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where to ride (Va.)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to ride (Va.)

I live in Hampton Virginia and I was wondering if anyone knew of any 4-wheeler riding areas
within a tolerable distance?

Thanx,
off road doc

Old 10-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I Live in leesburg, VA and was wondering the smae thing. Leesburg is in loudoun county which is in northern virginia

Old 10-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Used to live in Newport News till about 6 months ago. I used my 4 wheeler locally about 3 times out there. There is ECMX in Currituck NC that is ok. There are also small places in Williamsburg to ride but nothing to write home about. Hampton roads area sucks for off roading

Old 10-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

well i live in hampton to and i got a few choices within a hour and a half, You got Morgans corner in elizabeth city, also there is ecmx it is not in currituck, then in currituck you got currituck motorcross, i got about 700 acres just over the NC line all trails, my buddys got 15 acres in glouster we are building there now got a 850ft rough oval, got a bunch of trails cut but it is still a work in progress it is thick with woods and we have cut all the trails by hand it is slow going. and i got a friend with about 5 acres who is clearing now to make a big mx track but that just started so be the summer before done, oh and the guys who own the polaris dealership have a big piece of land in surry you have to pay a membership like 300 a year but u get a gate key and can ride anytime you want it is all trails.

Old 10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

What's the name of that Polaris dealership. I might want to get up there and check out their trails. Weewane, do you guys bring others up to ride on that 700 acres?
There are also a few toher small trail system in the southeastern VA area that we'll be going to over the next couple of weekends. Wagonwheel in WV is probably not too far from you guys. I drive 3 hours to ride!

Old 10-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Yorktown right now, was in Newport News for a while. Places are hard to find like others have said, so I just vave up and take weekend trips now. I've been to Wagon Wheel once and camped out there. That place is awesome. We jsut came back from a trip to Rockhouse trails in Gilbert WV. WV trails are about 6-7 hour drive from here, but it's well worth it. I've met people who have driven 18 hours to go there. We're going to Pinnacle Creek trails next and I usually post a msg seeing if others want to go. I drive around my neighborhood now since I'm out in the woods a bit in Yorktown, but nothing big. Mostly cruusing the streets and waving to the neighbors.

Dale

Old 10-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in newport news and have found a little place to ride in hampton off of magruder blvd, also there was a harescramble up in the yorktown area that I heard you can ride there, I think i'll check it out this weekend.
hey weewane or anybody else if you need a hand with the MX track or anything else I'd be happy to give you a hand. just so we can have a place to ride around here.
Ben

Old 10-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

the name of the polaris dealer is :ALL OUT SPORTS: on mercury blvd. in hampton, and yes i can take anybody up to ride in NC but from now thru january i can only ride there on sundays it is hunting season and if you scare a deer my family would prob. shoot you in steed they are very serious hunters there. but ya just let me no and we can go riding there from my house in hampton it is a little over a hour ride before we can really ride.

P.S. I will prob go to morgans corner this weekend prob. saterday it is 25 bucks to get in but well worth it they have a big track there it is like 1.6 miles long i am allway war out when i leave fun place to ride for all skill levels.

Old 10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i live in norfolk, where at off of magruder, and how is it, flat, trails hills

Old 11-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick Reply: where to ride (Va.)