Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

and speaking of Alaska.... where is the BEST place to live?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and speaking of Alaska.... where is the BEST place to live?

There is a slim possibility I could transfer to Alaska and there is lot's of places to live once I did.

Where is the BEST place to live?

I hate rain
I hate darkness
I hate cold
I love sunshine

ROFL so am I not Alaska material???

Ok so here are some more Alaska things I do like
I love hunting
I love fishing
I love ATVing
I love outdoors
I love camping
I love the Ocean
I want to head to the woods and get the Idea that nobody has ever set foot where I am standing feeling. I wanna feel like I could walk 100 miles in any direction and not see a single person.

Ok so where in Alaska can I get the most sunshine, least rain, and be near the coast? Where is the easy winters at?

I've never been there but if I transfer up there I'll have to build a big house with a sunroom I think. I'll make an Indoor greenhouse with big heat lamps and sandy floors so I can enjoy pseudo summer while it's dark outside 24/7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

Wow what a question. What are you in the military or something? To me the best place to live in Alaska is somewhere around the city of Anchorage. The winters are far less harsh than anywhere further north. There are somewhat warmer places further south but then you are away from the city and you're out in the middle of no where.

If you really like ATVing then there is no other place to live because this is truely ATV Heaven. Here's how I'm getting by:

Not much rain so I'm not where you are getting that.

The darkenss sucks not much you can do.

Yes it get's cold but you will get use to it belive it or not. The winters are full of snow and that makes for some real good ATVing.

Durring the summer you will get more than 22 hours of straight sunshine and that means you can ride 24/7.

I fish/hunt/camp all from my ATV. Ride in the mountains, find a stream, set up camp, fish and hunt. To me it doesn't get any better than that. ATVing has no restrictions all trails are free day or night. If you are a big sport quad fan you better stay in Washington because these trails are EXTREME!

Old 11-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

Outrage;
My wife and I are planning a trip to Alaska next summer. Should I bring my Quad along? I love riding in the Rockies, but the Alaska mountains seem so much more rugged and probably don't have the mining road trails that exist in Colorado. It's a long drive from here in Alabama, but I'd bring along the quad if it's worth it. I'm not looking for racetracks or sand dunes; just mountain trails that leave the river valleys and climb to high altitudes. TIA

Old 11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

If you truely want to see Alaska, ATVing is the only way to go. If you are driving here then bringing the ATV is an option but if you don't want to pack it all the way up here there are a few places you can rent them but they can be quite expensive; but on that note so can halling a ATV all the way up here. There are also places here where you can get guided tours but that is even more expensive. If you want a tour when you get here look me up I would be more than happy to show you around. The trails here are like no other I've ever been on. If you're looking for trails that make you feel like you're the only man left on earth then this is definately the place. My only suggest is never go out on the trails alone. Not only do you have to worry about breaking down or having an accident if you plan on stopping to have luch you may want to pack a gun because there's always a chance you may have an encounter with a bear. I've been here just over a year and have never seen one on the trail but you always here stories. You will get to see plenty of moose, dall sheep, eagles, and other critters.

To get back to your question...if I was driving up I would bring along the ATV. To me this could be the very best part of your whole trip.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Outrage I might take you up on that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When is the best time to visit? Prolly July/August huh?

[edit] No I'm not Military, but close [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

June - mid-August is the warmest time of year but you can ride nearly all year around. In fact I just got back from a ride where we ripped the snow! I just got some 26" Mud Lites and it's riding a new machine, they rule. Other than ATVing and sight seeing what else are you planning on doing and how long are you staying? If you get the chance we have some killer fishing here too.

I'm serious about looking me up. I would love to help a fellow ATVer.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Range Rover

hey guys,
my parents and i are moving to alaska this comming june (2005) i was wondering if you have seen any race tracks to take the wheelers on? i know there is one in NOrth pole, and thats where im goign, but do you knwo of any other ones? MY boyfriend will be comming up to visit, and in two years, moving up, and we will want to do some racing. (so i am wondering if you haev any good ideas of where we can practice. Another question for you, if its not in to much, could you send pictures of a track if you find one, i would love to see it and show mike. The tracks here in Maine are rather small compared to them ones, adn i wanna show him the difference. And yah, there is some killer fishin; up there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thanks. mindy

Old 12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I know I replied already but I thought I'd post a response. I know this may sound funny to all you who live in the lower 48 states but you don't really need a riding area, trail, or track to ride in this state. The area is so vast you can ride just about anywhere. And for the rules...as far as I'm aware there are not any or at least any I'm aware of.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Can i come live w/ you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

If you're a true ATVer just pack up and leave for Alaska, there is no other place like it.