Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Chesapeake/Virginia Beach/Norfolk Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chesapeake/Virginia Beach/Norfolk Riders

Hey fellow riders,

Are you as aggravated as I am at Virginia and the lack of support for us off road enthusiasts. We need to get together and start a local riding club. We ride at Surry, All Outdoor Sports Club, and we ride up at Pedlars Gap, near Natural Bridge. Holding our breath for Slades to open. Get a hold of me and lets see if we can form a Club, for our local area. I know of a few families that would glad to chip in, for a number of things, even looking into leasing some land to ride. We used to ride behind Hickory High, and out by the Ampitheatre, but have been chased out by the Law, CMX in Currituck, is ok for MX bikews, but too tight and boring for the likes of my KFX700. We stay at the Yogie Bear Campgrounds in Natural Bridge Station, (a 15 minute from the Pedlars Gap Trail Head) and have great runs up there. Would be fun to get a bunch of riders together for a weekend. A little over 3 hour drive from Norfolk. Anyway, lets see how many riders we can get together.

Paul Pugh
paul10@***.net
Great Bridge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hey i live in Buckingham, only about an hour from natural bridger.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you ride Pedlars Gap, I usually ride out of Rattle Snake Trail Head. Probably ride up there the 3rd weekend of April

Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Paul,

I live in Newport News, just picked up my 800 & am ready to ride with some people. I am up for trying to start a riders club for this area. Before you head out for your next ride let me know. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hello, I'm hanging out here in VA Beach and yes, I'm very frustrated. Especially when I see how much land is used for golf courses. I can't wait for Slade's Park to open up. I spoke to them yesterday, they are hoping by this weekend...not sure I can wait that long. Anyone been down to Morgan's Corner? I just might go there tomorrow for a riding fix. It would be cool if we all got together at Slades one day...hopefully this Sunday, sat looks like rain/t-storms. BTW, I've got 2-quads, 2-bikes, me and 3 boys.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where is Morgans Corner? I am hoping to go out to Slades here in the next couple of weeks, if they open. Another place I am looking at going is Big Dawg in North Carolina, only a 3 hour drive and their website looks pretty good.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Take 17 into NC, at the very first stop light turn right. Morgan's Corner is about 100 yds on the right...you will be able to see it. I think their open beginning this Wed. You can go to morganscornermx.com. Good luck and pm me if you need any other info.
matt

Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey I live in virginia beach. I was wondering where that big dawg North carolina was at if anyone was intereasted in going to slades park the weekend of may 13 14 15 if so let me know and we might beable to meet up and all ride together I have a 660 raptor I just bought and am eager to go riding.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

yes big dawg is a great place to ride it is probly the best place i have been deff. need to go there no mater what riding skill u are and likes you have they have it all. on to slades if u like the redneck revival with lots of drinking and unresponsable riding that is the place to be I WOULD NOT TAKE MY KIDS THERE AT all. the old man that ownes it does not monitor the riders at all very unsafe they will be closed down by the end of the summer i bet. It used to be a good place to ride in the early 90's late 80's. i have lots of places to ride and we do group trips all the time.

If anyone is interested we have a local web page for riders in this area come by join and check it out at: pungohboy.com we have a forum just like here

Old 08-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know im bringing this back from the dead but Im in Hampton and I ride at Slades, Currituck, Elizabeth City, and George Washington National Forest, where I also take my Jeep on occation