Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA riding buddies??!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA riding buddies??!

i have ridden a lot my whole life.. stopped 5 years ago when my parents split.. im picking it up again and buying myself a new honda 300EX... my friend who was sopose to be getting a quad too, backed out now.. so i dont want to be riding alone all the time... if anyone is interested w/ maybe meeting up and helping me brush up on my old skills, that would be awsome... i was use to riding my dad's old 230 suzuki which was a semi auto, but now i am going to be getting a manual, so i have never ridden w/ a clutch...?!? help..??

AIM: nickynick313

Old 04-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck with your new quad! You will love the 300ex. There are a few people down here in So Cal. Heck, you are a girl, it should be easy! You might post where you like to ride, and meet up that way. I am an old guy (:cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But my 16 year old daughter rides very well.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Trailblazer

I ride out at Ocotillo Wells and Stoddard Wells which is up by Barstow. If you wanna plan a ride sometime that would be cool. But its gotta be soon, cause its gonna get too damn hot here pretty soon. I ride a KFX 700 and mostly do trail riding but also like to jump and do some crazy stuff every now and then. Just let me know I live in San Diego up by Oceanside. Later

Old 04-06-2005, 06:36 AM
Range Rover

I am always looking for someone to ride with, not too many of my friends ride either. I am in San Diego and I usually ride at Pine Valley or Ocotillo Wells off of the 8 freeway about 45 minutes east of San Diego. If you are ever interested PM me and you can go ride with me and my friends. Later....

Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

I only have one riding buddy (my step-son), so i may also be in need of someone to ride with in future. I usually got to Stoddard Wells or up near California City off the 395. Maybe on day we could all meet up for a group ride! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Might be heading to Johnson Valley this sunday. This is a big area near Lucerne Valley.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a large group that is networked for rides. Nothing formal, just anybody doing a ride who wants company, puts the word out and invites everybody else. Mostly families, so this isn't the group to get with if you are looking for a wild party! Almost any weekend there is a day ride going on somewhere, and at least once a month there is an long weekend camping trip. Anybody is welcome to give it a try..............!

For instance, this weekend there is a group camping at Glamis, and I am taking another group on a day ride to Rasor Rd/Afton Canyon. Next weekend there is a day ride to Snow Creek (near Palm Springs), and the weekend after a camping trip to Pismo. Memorial Day weekend, we are doing a camping trip to the Owens Valley/Inyo Mountains (near Lone Pine).

A lot of folks have kids, so some of the rides are "family" rides that even an advanced beginner could handle. Other rides are "performance" rides where even an experienced rider can find a challenge. I also like to do some "technical trail" riding, like nasty trails in the mountains that may require a 4X4. Usually don't draw a very big crowd for those.

Personally, I tend to ride the high and low deserts during the cool months, then switch to the local mountains and the Sierra (Mammoth/Bishop area) during the hot months.

I gave a group called "RUTS" a try a few years ago. http://www.ruts.org/ It is a Christian oriented group, that is composed of mostly very hard-core dirt bike desert racers. I didn't stick with them for long, because at the time they weren't very quad oriented. I think quads were regarded as a "wifes" bike, and were not taken real seriously. I surprised them on a couple of rides. A few dirt bikers had to eat my roost!

Old 04-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

There's bunches of guys and gals from Souther calif. on this site.
I thought it would be great to get us together for a So.Ca group ride.

If you're looking to hook up with someone your age you will need to filter out all us old guys first...lol

Old 04-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

sounds good. where are you from? how old are you?? we should definetly get that so cal group ride goin on. im gonna be gettin my quad hopefully this saturday!!

Old 04-07-2005, 07:19 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

buy my raptor350 its purdy and it has a white bros. pipe. it looks like i just drove it off the showroom floor!

Quick Reply: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA riding buddies??!