Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WHO was me and my friends.

If it helps, we were on the "Bishop" property that is on the left hand side of the four-mile trail. You have to climb a steep-rocky hill to get up into the area.

I wont fight it because it will cost me more to take the day off that the ticket is worth.

I'm interested in new places to ride without getting hasled. I thought Windham Depot was the place...but no more. I'd like to check out the areas that you are talking about. I'm sure that BOWTIEPU will be up for a new place to ride also.

Old 10-16-2000, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

stunz,i have to say im more than pissed off at hearing this,what a bunch of bull..id have to say like yz says,if its not posted its ok,thats what i thought..yes i to am looking for any legal place to ride..im registered n.h. and dont plan on registering mass..where can we go that they wont bust our humps? jeeeezzz just when i thought i was doing it legal..guess ill have to run the power line saround billerica until we get chased..this really sucks..i was going to ride windham sunday,guess you can disregard that mail i sent you stunz,let me know if you guys are up for a ride,maybe we can find something else..how do we get to that place yz was saying thats in derry,is it legal,help? anybody?

Old 10-16-2000, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

hey yz,hook us up with info on were to ride,im looking to go this sunday the 22nd..thanks,mike

Old 10-17-2000, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

does anybody know of this place,where to park etc.? or how about trails not far from the mass line? thanks in advance

Old 10-18-2000, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

this is what i found guys.... i dont agree because it contradicts another NH law so im going to look into it. The law about trespassing is there needs to be a visible "no tresspassing" sign every 75 feet in order for it to be leagal. This law just
posted now says...
POSTED LAND (RSA 215A:34)
Landowners are NOT REQUIRED to post their property against OHRV use. The absence of signs prohibiting OHRV's does not imply that OHRV's
are welcomed or allowed.

DUTY OF CARE (RSA 212:34)
Landowners are NOT RESPONSIBLE to keep their land safe for use by others who may hunt, fish, trap, camp, hike, sight see, or operate OHRV's.

LANDOWNER LIABILITY (RSA 508:14)
personal injury or property damage in the absence of intentionally caused injury or damage.Landowners who do not charge for the use of their property SHALL NOT BE LIABLE for personal injury or property damage in the absence of intentionally caused injury or damage.

This is why I am confused.. and I live here!!!

anyways.. my email is fianna_lupus@yahoo.com

Im sellin my YZ to buy a warrior sometime soon so I will not be riding anytime soon but if you want I can tell you guys how to get to the places I ride. The places are pretty much private land areas but they allow riders to use there property... the other places branch off from there such as the powerlines and beds as well as trails.

the total milage is 20+/- to 30+/- miles at each site. (i never measured it)

as for the WHO.. man thats bull.. ive been riding those trails for over 10 years and never has anyone said anything to anyone and im sure you guys werent doing anything different then anyone else has done before you so I dont know where he gets off on sayin that crap. theyre just a bunch of ball busters....... I am sorry to hear you had to put up with that crap.

Old 10-18-2000, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info,i actually just read that on the n.h. trail web site..any help you could give would be great,although if you ride on any private land your supposed to have permission,does that mean written permission on you when your riding? someone told me off exit 5,take a right then your first left and theres a place ot park right there,is that a good place? any other help is apreciated,thanks