Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pismo Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Beach

I have a trx 205 R, and was wondering if i would need paddle tires to get around pismo. I've heard that the sand is hard packed and that it shouldn't cause any problems. But i just wanted someones opinion that has been there before. Also is it hard to reserve a camp spot, and what are the camps like? Any help would be really appreciated.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.
Default Pismo Beach

i don't know about your bike and paddles but i think you would generally have more fun with paddles. As far as the campsites go you get a spot wherever you can? and i would recommend calling a couple weeks ahead of time to make reservations because they sell out fast during the summer.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Range Rover
Default Pismo Beach

awesome, i was assuming i might need paddles. In your pictures i noticed that you pulled your truck out on the beach, do you ever have any problems with getting stuck? Thanks for the quick response.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Pismo Beach

Search for Oceano Dunes or Pismo on this site and you'll find all kinds of info. Basically 4x4 is quite helpful. Especially with a toy box. If towing, drop to 20psi. Not towing...between 12/10 psi and 15psi. I've ran 12/10 psi (fr/rear) and did and didn't get stuck. Just depends. In the summer it's worse as the sand dries out and the beach gets tore up.

To paddle or not, your decision. If you're going to go a lot, get them. If maybe a once a year trip to the sand...is $100 really worth it?

You MUST have reservations now if you go on a weekend. They won't sell them at the booth. Reserve Amaerica. Search for Oceano Dunes SVRA. You DON'T want Pismo State Beach. 2 different places, although very close. Arrive and leave at low tide. Tides Table. Drive on the damn sand, but not in the ocean water. Take shovels.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 06:15 PM
This chick Rocks!
Default Pismo Beach

well the first time we took the truck out there we buried her down to the frame. no one told us we needed to let the air WAY down on all of them. Last time we actually took the truck out in the dunes (i wouldn't recommend that though!) it all depends on what you have and what you are pulling? We pulled the trailer in and out with no problem fully loaded. If you have a 2WD i wouldn't too far back.What day are you planning on pulling in there? do you know that you have to check the tide schedules? if you are pulling in during the weekend you should try to get there before day break because it gets crowed fast!

Old 07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Pismo Beach

You guys are great. I did check out the pismo website, and found out about the reservations, but i wasn't sure about where exactly you camped and stuff. But it looks awesome if you get to camp right on the beach by the water. But i wouldn't have ever thought about checking the tides tables, thanks for that tip. We're planning on going like september 8 to the 12. So we should beat the crowds to the campsites. But i'll reserve the spot early. Now when you call in the reservations do you have to know exactly where you're camping. Or do you just pretty much say you're coming between certain dates?

Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
This chick Rocks!
Default Pismo Beach

what? i don't understand what you mean? you make reservations from the 8-12 and they will send you a confirmation page to your email, print it out and take it with you to the guard booth and they will give you a paper to put in your window. then you pull in and park where ever you can find a spot. oh, you should take some stakes and tape to block off your campsite otherwise ppl will ride right through your camp! i think you can see that in my pics? just don't block off the whole beach cuz that jacked up (you'll see what i mean) Theres alot of things you'll learn when you go there! Like the moisture in the air at night will make the edges of your tent soaking wet so keep everything towards the center, if you park near the high tide line you may need to dig a small trench to divert the water from entering your camp, you HAVE to have buggie whips on your toys. You'll have a blast though! Pismo is the best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pismo Beach

We were there this past weekend... what a ZOO!! I don't think I've ever seen that many people on the beach except on a major holiday weekend. We go every July and this was the worst! We arrived on Thursday and it was already packed and yellow caution tape everywhere. High tide on Sunday afternoon made driving on the beach a complete nightmare and people were stuck everywhere.... blocking the beach and clogging everything up. A friends 6 yr old daughter was playing in the water on Sunday with her sisters and her mom (farther out in the water where the fishermen stand) and was HIT by a teen riding a borrowed quad.. and he didn't stop after he hit her and threw her into the air!! Luckily, her father chased him down and was able to catch him farther down the beach. Luckily, this didn't turn into a fatal accident, however, we're waiting to hear whether or not her leg is broken. How can someone not see 6 people standing together in the water??? How does someone leave the scene of an accident when he knew darn well he hit her?? Very, very sad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I love Pismo, but this weekend was just chaos everywhere... too many people and many of them just not obeying the laws... too many speeders through camp and on the beach.

I think I'm ready for summer crowd to go away.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Pismo Beach

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
We were there this past weekend... what a ZOO!! I don't think I've ever seen that many people on the beach except on a major holiday weekend. We go every July and this was the worst! We arrived on Thursday and it was already packed and yellow caution tape everywhere. High tide on Sunday afternoon made driving on the beach a complete nightmare and people were stuck everywhere.... blocking the beach and clogging everything up. A friends 6 yr old daughter was playing in the water on Sunday with her sisters and her mom (farther out in the water where the fishermen stand) and was HIT by a teen riding a borrowed quad.. and he didn't stop after he hit her and threw her into the air!! Luckily, her father chased him down and was able to catch him farther down the beach. Luckily, this didn't turn into a fatal accident, however, we're waiting to hear whether or not her leg is broken. How can someone not see 6 people standing together in the water??? How does someone leave the scene of an accident when he knew darn well he hit her?? Very, very sad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I love Pismo, but this weekend was just chaos everywhere... too many people and many of them just not obeying the laws... too many speeders through camp and on the beach.

I think I'm ready for summer crowd to go away.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
I hope this weekends not like that.
Im gonna bring a shovel to beat people over the head instead of diggin holes.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Oh, and the MIGHTY PSD is gonna be out there as well. But im bringin the jeep to tow it out since my dad doesnt know how to drive(neither do i [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] )

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Range Rover
Default Pismo Beach

You guys are making it sound like a blast, i'm getting pumped. Thanks for all of the input guys.

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach