Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Help Black River Falls

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Black River Falls

I have never been to black river falls before. What are the trails like, they good for a beginner(the wife).
Do you need a tag if so how much?
any good website for there?
Any site with trail conditions?

Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Trails can very alot, if the groomer has not been out. you can run into 40miles of woops.no rain very dusty. lots of rain nice & muddy lol.
& ya you need to pick up a tag 18$ to the great land of cheese. & make sure you hav a spark aresster.
As for a web site I no theres some dnr site out there..I think its under clark county..hope that helps a bit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

thanks that helps

Are the trails worth the trip right now?

Are there any other ones in Wis. that are worth the trip????

Old 08-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

I just got back this last weekend from riding both the Clark and Jackson county trails. Had a great time. We stayed at a place in Hatsfield called the Lake Arbutus Sports bar and Resort. Pretty central to both systems. With the new connector trail in Hatsfield open now, you can have twice the trails in one full weekend. The trails are a little dusty and sometimes a little bumpy, but what the hell, they're all terrain vehicles, not station wagons. Good websites to start with are:

1) www.clark-cty-wi.org/recreation.htm

2) www.blackrivercountry.com

3) www.watva.org

4) http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/Registrations/ATV.htm

As far as registration/stickers goes, if the state you're from has a registration system in place for atv's, you need to do that, and then purchase the non-resident trail pass. If your state doesn't register atv's (like mine in Illinois), then you actually skip getting the trail pass and actually formally register your quad in Wisconsin. Be ready to pay the state possible sales taxes due to them (or some state) at the time you formally go to register the atv's. If you purchased the atv new, have your bill of sale to prove you've already paid the sales taxes.

Neither of the trails systems are that challenging. Take them at your own pace, and you'll have a better time. Just make sure you brief everyone along with you to be aware of other quicker atv's coming up behind you and how to handle the situation properly.

Hope you have a good time, and report back after you've gone.

Old 08-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure on the trails atm.

& yes Danbury WI has some nice trails, About the same as BRF but thay seenm to be taken care of a bit better. But O so fun...

Quote by rickwalley: Take them at your own pace, and you'll have a better time. Just make sure you brief everyone along with you to be aware of other quicker atv's coming up behind you and how to handle the situation properly.

Great Advice Rickwalley...hav Seen so many ppl not no what to do....