Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

OffroadJunkie,
I finally remembered to tell Roney & Terri I met you. We are leaving for our ski trip but they invited us to there superbowl party today and said you were going as well? I hear it's a good time. It would have been nice to meet you in person too. Unfortunately every year we have planned our ski trip during there party. Tell them and Sherri I said hi[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: offroadjunkie5551
hey all. Been down with sinus surgury. Hope to go to the pits soon. For everyone who likes to travel here is a site to check out. time to use the toy hauler.Text
Skooter has been fortunate enough to ride at the #1 place they picked. He even has some pics of it on his pics page. The Speedballs are actually doing a trip there again this year.

Bpipes, We will be in Western Maryland skiing or else I would love to go on next Saturdays ride. Have a good time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Megan. getting ready to go next door now. My kids have been there all day. have fun sking

Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Haaaaa, pitsburg one the bowl. I knew they would. Oh yea megan also have fun sking. Is the snow manmade where your going because i know western maryland hasn't had any snow latly. Correct me if i'm wrong.

But any way what is the resort called. Do they have a website.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

tower hill has some pretty unique terrain... and there is lots of it. there are some pretty serious hill climbs and a couple small tracks... one is directly off shady beach rd where the old driving range was. last time i rode i found a really tight single track that was a lot of fun and i still haven't followed it completely yet. it seems like everytime i ride there i find more trails.

i ran into that farmer once too, but that was on the opposite side of the horse farm... more towards wayside drive and old elk neck rd... as long as you stay away from that area, you should be fine. the key is finding a place to park. last summer guys would just pull into the parking lot of the old driving range and unload. on the weekends there would be tons of cars there... i blew my acl though, so i haven't been out riding since this past fall. i should be back on the bike in another month or two.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I'm back. They actually had some fresh powder out there and I was surprised to see that we did too when we got back. The place is called Wisp it overlooks Deep Creek lake. The skiing is alright. Last year we went to Tahoe so it was a very mini version of Tahoe. LOL. Needless to say the black diamonds were like maybe a blue in Tahoe. I did every trail I think they have 36? They plan on doing alot of expanding in the future though. We had a great time. Good restaurants, good bars, good peps. Just wish I was still there. Hopefully I will get to go ATVing before all of this snow melts. Has anyone been fortunate enought to get out on it yet?

Old 02-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

Anyone headed down to h/m at the end of march?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Trailblazer

Megan;
I used to be an avid snowboarder. I went to Tahoe about 5 yrs ago we got 3' of snow in 2 days it was awesome other than the fact most of the resorts were closed. If you haven't already I highly recommend Utah, both Snowbird & Alta. Another smaller & less popular ,but, great mountain is Arapahoe basin in Colorado. I like Colorado a lot of places within close proximity.

ATV in the shop again ;-(

bpipes

Old 02-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey BPipes,
Why did you stop snowboarding? Tahoe is awesome, best place I have skied yet we did 4 different resorts while we were out there. We were suppose to do Colorado this year. I would love to go there. I am hoping we end up going there for our ski trip this year. Tahoe was my first ski trip out West we usually did things out here on the East. Killington, Sunday River, Mont St. Anne, day trips to the Poconos (lol) Once you are out there everthing out here does not quite compare. Watching these Olypics I really would like to go to Torino and do a little skiing out there. There mountains look unreal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Speaking of Olympics and Boarding you must be proud of our girls and boys taking the gold & silver in the half pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then the gold again last night in snow board cross[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have never tried boardin it looks fun and I have friends that do, but I am pretty decent at skiing and spending a day frustrated on the green baby slope does not seem like fun. Maybe one day I will try it out though.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Megan;
Why did I quit snowboarding? The west & Maine spoiled me ;-) Snowboarding in PA became more of an effort, e.g. crowds, no snow, ice ......so I bought a boat and got into watersking & wake boarding. Slowly watersports turned into a big drunk so I gave the drinking, skiing, snowboarding & friends up. My latest hobby is ATV riding, rode dirt bikes and 3 wheelers for years when I was younger. Probably more info. than anyone in this forum would want ..... On another note; me and a few are planning on riding Tower Hill (shady beach) tomorrow, not sure what time yet, come join the fun!

"I don't know where I"m going, but I'm sure not lost" -unknown

bpipes

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland