Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Hey Bpipes,
I just saw your message. You are probably already out riding? I would love to join you. If you are already out let me know the next time you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hear ya about both the winter and summer sports being a drunk fest. Depending on who you are ATVing w/ that can be a drunkfest as well. I'm assuming your snow and water friends don't ride?

Old 02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

We had a good ride at Tower Hill today, although, it was cold....about 10 quads, we rode from 10-1. Best of all everyone was able to ride out on their own power. However, we did have two quads roll fortunately bruises were the only outcome. I'll try to give more details the next time we ride just check the forum on a Friday night and I'll post what I know. I noticed they put chains at Shady Beach rd. it's only a matter of time before we lose this place to ride. As I was loading my quad at my friends fathers house I was approached by someone in a pickup, my first thought was "I"m about to be reemed for wheelin down the road and disturbing someone", however that wasn't the case. Some guy had us sign a petition for an atv recreation park in cecil county ;-) The individual has 400 acres he wants to develop into a park for riding but the county is being difficult.

I'm outta here (tired).

bpipes

Old 02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

That would be awsome to have our own park. Gov. won't let it happen thoe.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

i didn't know they put chains up on the shady beach entrance. that must be new. it the elk neck entrance probably won't get chained off because people use it as an entrance to houses on wayside drive. the land known as 'tower hill' is owned by homebuilder d.r. horton. however, their is some uncertainty about building there and the land might be sold off. if they do build there, it is going to be and old people community and shouldn't be built for several years.... so either way, i think we still have some time to ride there before anything major happens.

where was the 400 acres at that this guy owned?? that would be great if he was willing to let other use or set up a legal place to ride. i'll sign that petition any day.

where did you guys roll your quads???

Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just read my last post.... wow. i really need to check my grammar before post.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

ccklx;
Don't worry about grammar "mine sucks too". I'm not sure where the 400 acres is that he was speaking of for the
ATV park, some of the other guys were familiar. I'll find out location and post..

We didn't roll on any hills just going too fast and not having the ability to make the corners (nothing serious).

bpipes

Old 03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't heard from you guys over there in Cecil Co , you people still riding?

Old 03-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

Skooter525;
Still riding, I rode Marley Pits last Sunday it was a muddy mess. I lost my parking spot at Tower Hill (shady beach). If anyone has suggestion where I can park and still ride Tower Hill let me know. Although, I can't ride this weekend going away for work, but next weekend I'll be ready to ride.

bpipes

Old 03-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Trailblazer

They have been surveying the woods by Marley pits all last week. Across from the church is a board with plans of a development. Looks like we're loosing another pit.

The gate is chained at Tower Hill like someone posted. If it wasn't for that old farmer over by Irristown/Old Elk Neck rd, everyone could park there. I don't know if you remembered, but they burnt his hay a few years ago. That's why he's the way he is.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 660Yamaha
They have been surveying the woods by Marley pits all last week. Across from the church is a board with plans of a development. Looks like we're loosing another pit.

The gate is chained at Tower Hill like someone posted. If it wasn't for that old farmer over by Irristown/Old Elk Neck rd, everyone could park there. I don't know if you remembered, but they burnt his hay a few years ago. That's why he's the way he is.

Man it's always some DH that spoils it for the rest of us!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland