Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Went to the pits again today. Did not see a single soul. Had the whole place to ourselves. I would think it would get crowded? Have not ventured down the CSX tracks from there yet. Are there good trails off of them? The last 3 times we went riding we went to the pits and I need some new terrain. LOL. The pits are great though.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 660Yamaha,
After riding today we went to the car wash in North East to wash our quads. When I went to get quarters I saw a flyer for a 2003 Raptor for sale. It looked almost identical to pic #1 on your pics page. Is that your quad?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Megan
Hey 660Yamaha,
After riding today we went to the car wash in North East to wash our quads. When I went to get quarters I saw a flyer for a 2003 Raptor for sale. It looked almost identical to pic #1 on your pics page. Is that your quad?
Yes it is. I was talking to the owner while I was washing it & he offered to put a flyer in the window. Small world huh?

Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Megan;
A few of us went riding last night we talked about going to Marley Pits but instead rode trails next to Elk Mills Quarry and an area next to ATK. It was muddy I decide to ride sport everyone else took their 4x4, however, I only needed winched out once! I didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. we'll have to coordinate and meet you and your husband at Marley Pits then show you some of the trails off of CSX. We haven't been planning well on our rides lately, but, we were talking about Tower Hill and riding at Frackville soon. The guys I ride with are up in the air for this weekend if we go I'll post something the night before we ride.

bpipes

Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Bpipes,
I would love that because I looked it up on Satellite imagery and it looks like alot of trail riding to get to the tracks? I can only imagine where we would end up. LOL. This weekend is out for us because we will be away for New Years (We leave Fri and come back Mon.) The following weekend we are going to do a ride up in Frackeville probably that Sunday. Any other time would most likely work for us. We wanted to ride today but w/ all this rain I am hesitant. I know the pits were MUDDY yesterday. I can only imagine how muddy they are today. We will see. I hope evereryone has a great New Years!

Old 12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

sry 660 the motor in my quad just locked up maybe in a few months u can show me around when i can save the money to get it fixed

Old 01-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

happy new year dont let this forum die out

Old 01-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

hey Meg,
How do you look up trails on satellitte?
That sounds like a great tool...

Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Hi everyone...

I live in Taneytown (in Carroll County...right on the MD/PA line) and I too am looking for a place to ride, other than Tower City. I have been riding at my mom's house, she has 160 acres - mostly open fields but about 10 acres or so is woods so I am trying to start making trails through there. Anyone else from around here and know of any good (preferably legal) spots?

Thanks, and if I find anything I'll be sure to let you all know.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

download google earth at google.com to see sattalite pics or go to terraserver.com googlearth is alout more advanced and better program

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland