Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

need info on pismo beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006 | 03:15 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default need info on pismo beach

my buddies and i saved up money to go on an atv trip and we pretty much narrowed it down to pismo. i was wondering where i could get a lot of info on the place of maybe personal opinions on it ,thanks

Old 01-14-2006 | 11:33 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

First off, if you are doing a road trip there are lots of places along the way, so don't just limit yourself to Pismo.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=406

This will get you started. Pismo can be great sometimes, and sometimes it can be terrible! If the wind hasn't blown hard in a while, the dunes get all hacked up and rough, and it isn't all that much fun. And, the beach camping can be crowded and miserable. Back in the day, we went there several times a year. Now, I am reluctant to go at all. After my last trip, if I never go again that's ok with me.

If this is a "duning" trip I would suggest Glamis, but that depends on the time of year you are coming. Pismo is best in the summer, but Glamis would be a survival experience during the summer. Glamis is great in the spring, but the logistics at Glamis are harder, because it isn't near a town.

Old 01-16-2006 | 12:34 AM
|
Pro Rider

cool were going in the spring so ill check out glamis, thanks!

Old 01-16-2006 | 01:13 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Camping at Glamis is a bit more complicated. There is no water, and bathrooms only here and there. If you are in a trailer or motorhome, it's easier. Post this in the dunes section, and you will get better information.

If this isn't just a "dunes" trip, let me know and there are a bunch of places like Ocotillo Wells, etc., where I would be glad to show you around!

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Fellow Riders anyways yeah I need to know now that you offered where else can I go trail riding near my house I live in Riverside County too so please let me know. Thanks

PS
Doesnt have to be dunes trail etc.

Old 01-26-2006 | 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

its nowhere near you but there is a place called clear creak out of coalinga where they have some real agressive trais and if your into hillshooting they have many almost vertical 6 to 7oo feet hills. now camping at glamis is barbaric if you dont have a motorhome of something. that 8 bucks i paid for a shower at the glamis store was worth every penny of it. the sand is not what you think of once you get there. its more of a dirt peagravel sand mixture. great riding but super dusty, pismo nice but there is a whole lot of slobs that dont pick up after themselves. if you have ridden super big dunes then you will be a little dissapointed at the size of them. lots of bowls and little jumps and a few real nice hills all the way towards the back. we like it couse were only 2 hours away. if you like to ride and just hangout and people watch then you will like pismo. if your an adventuree and like to explore you will be dissapointed becouse you can almost memmorize the whole dune after a day trip. i like it