Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Michigan Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006 | 02:16 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

Is there anywere in south eatern Michigan to ride? I would even be willing to pay for admission to a track or park, just don't really want to drive 3-4 hrs every time I feel like riding on something other than my property.

Thanks Steve
Jackson, MI

Old 02-09-2006 | 01:07 PM
Range Rover
Default Michigan Riders

There is a indoor track here close to where I live in Zeeland. I have to check it out my self. The site is www.zeelandmx.com

Old 02-09-2006 | 01:14 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

Thanks for the info that's only 1 1/2 hrs or so away from me, I'll check it out.

Steve

Old 02-09-2006 | 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Michigan Riders

There is a flattrack in clarksville (between grand rapids and lansing). Through the summer they have about 2 races/month.
bobsfamilyraceway.com

I went to zeeland mx a couple of years ago. No quad, just to check it out. It looks pretty good, but Im not big into jumping.

I mainly ride at silver lake and race in clarksville.

Old 02-09-2006 | 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

there is a brand new track in martin right off of 131 it looks awesome. I live in gun lake and a church owns 160 acres of land that has gravel pits super hills and good senic trails they let us ride lots of us no admission

Old 02-10-2006 | 09:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default Michigan Riders

this place is in Flint = http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/mounds.htm

also this site has alot of good Michigan info = http://www.atvoffroad.net

this one to = http://www.michigandirtslingers.com

Old 02-10-2006 | 11:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default Michigan Riders

Do want to race or just ride ? and what do you ride I have friends that have land in parma and concord we ride on

Old 02-10-2006 | 11:22 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

I have a Blaster its just a stock machine that my son who is 9 yrs old and my nephew who is 14, they are both pretty good but are still learning and i just like to rip around for a while. Mainly I am just looking for a spot to let them run and not have to worry about who or what they might run into. I have a large side yard and we ride in that but it gets pretty old just riding in a circle. It was ok when they were learning but now they want a little free space. I used to race mx a long time ago and i like to let loose once in awhile, but mostly just want to sit on tailgate an let the kids ride and have fun, like i used to. I live in jackson and am very familair with the parma area that is a nice area with lots of farms and large feilds. It's funny that anyone that you ask to ride, that they are willing to let you ride until they find out that you are riding a quad and not a motorcycle. We would even help keep trails open and cleared and clean up ect. if needed.

Thanks Steve

Old 02-16-2006 | 12:05 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

Bump

Old 02-18-2006 | 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Michigan Riders

There's the Maumee State Forest near Delta, OH. It's probably about 1 1/2 hour drive from Jackson.
Ohio changed their ORV policy the first of the year so I think you have to get an Ohio ORV pass to ride there now.

Hope this helps,
SMC

Quick Reply: Michigan Riders