Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Hi bkwyoming, Things are good. How are you? I don't know about Memorial weekend, but I am trying to find more people to ride with. All of my buddies have dirt bikes and am trying to find people with quads to ride with.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Range Rover

yea i here ya,
been working hard on the house getting it ready. texas was a blast. if the kids werent in school i wouldnt have come back!!

i'm going to try to sneek a morning ride in that weekend so keep me posted!!

Old 05-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

Ya I'll keep ya posted...Can't beleive there closing that staging area down off of dale evans. I've been goin there for years....I need a good break also...I'll keep ya posted...
Mike

Old 05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Atving for fun, yes I have the same problem. Went out with putter a few weeks ago, I think they tried to kill me, trying to keep up with the bikes, but I did have a blast...good people and freinds.. I might try and go out over memorial weekend for a day...been workin on the house quite a bit and more to come....But if I go I'll let y'all know for sure....

Mike

Old 06-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Putter, Hope ya had a good memorial weekend, sure went fasst.....I ended up going out on sunday with Kyle for the day, very nice, lots of people. I did notice a few things in my exploring..The area off Stoddard Wells road is moved back the the big staging area over the rise..I still saw people out there parked and riding, but there were signs that said no camping in those areas...People were parked everywhere out there. Also off of Dale Evans there were still people out there parked and riding, I didn't see any signs...some were camping also...so not sure on how thats gonna pan out. I spent most of my weekend working on the house, how about you???? Looks like riding seasons just about over, gettin pretty hot out there....
Mike

Old 06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

yea, been trashing on the house,picking off those check marks off the list one by one.

adam (KTM) is riding this saturday at pinnacles, lake arrowhead.
Going up sat morning, coming back sunday afternoon if your intrested. thoes are mosly bike guys.

also reconranger posted in another older post: "SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA riding buddies??!"

"You missed a great family ride last weekend in the San Bernardino Mountains. Everybody had a great time!

There is a "guys" ride on the trails behind Lake Arrowhead this Sunday. Lots of single track and some fairly technical stuff, so this isn't a ride for the kids or beginners. We will stage from Miller Canyon, and probably end up at Deep Creek.

And, a Pismo trip next month. "

even though the deserts getting hot we can ride the mountains and the beach!!

Old 06-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

This weekend is bad for me, heddin to Arizona for my dads 69th B-day...But Pismo sounds like a plan next month....I love Pismo...I'm usually up there every Memorial weekend, since about 1980....started with my buggy then got the 3-wheelers and now its the 4-wheelers...just let me know what weekend your planning to go....and the mountains sound cool also, never been up by big bear or Arrowhead...just keep lettin me know when ya go.....I'm still here like you baggin on that never ending list for the house.....Mike

Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

wake up everyone! its about time to dust the quads and get them dirty!

i'll be out there starting oct.1 (you know the red sticker thing)

Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, my Labor Day weekend is planned to tune up the toys and clean up the toyhauler! Since it's been cooling off at night, we may just hit Stoddard Valley in September.

BTW, when the kid had her red sticker Suzukis, never had a problem with enforcement before Oct 1 or after May 1.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

Hey putter ya woke up..October sounds good to me..Still kinda hot.Did you ever get up to pismo??? I'm gonna plan a trip next year for Memorial Weekend. Its not that I like all the people, but the Strawberry Festival is going on up in Arroyo Grande, and the kids and wife like all that stuff, and then we usually hit the hot tubs one night to relax. Its a blast....How was your summer, schools about ready to start, we've been getting all that together, plus I'm a Scout leader, so were getting our calender ready for that as well.....keep in touch, so we can all get together and play again...Mike

Quick Reply: New to SoCal and looking for places to go.