Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Ok Putter,

I'm ready to roll. Just load up the bikes on friday and thats all she wrote...What time ya wanna meet up there, or stop for breakfast at the Summit? Or just roll on in. Let me know. PM me with your # again, I still might have yours in my truck from last time, I'll check, if Not I'll Pm you mine.....

Mike

Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Range Rover

well its not looking good at the moment, the wifes bike is not running. going to pull the carb off and cleane it and hope for the best

Old 10-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

We'll just have to tow it....LOL . The old saying is if its getting spark and getting gas its gonna run. How well, well that depends...Floats probably stuck from gas sitting in it.....Thats a quikie job, you should be done by the time its time to go.......clean the plug off to just to be safe...

Mike

Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Putter700R
well its not looking good at the moment, the wifes bike is not running. going to pull the carb off and cleane it and hope for the best
I am sure it will pull start!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

Sent ya a private message with my #.. I"ll be leaving here at about 7, get there about 8:30 or so.....Call me if your on the road if your ahead of me or behind.....Hope all is well...

Old 10-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Range Rover

yahoo!!!!! its alive!!!

i'm loaded and ready to go

plan to be up there 9:30-10:ish

we'll be nere the restrooms at soggy dry lake and beasmer mine rd.

i'll be in a 2000 yukon xl 2w drive stock peweter towing a 16' utility trailer

hope to see you vforce and bk

Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Putter,
So what happend after we talked? We didn't see ya, so figured you went back home, or did you go up to soggy dry lake?
Had a great time. Looks like they finally got the staging area off of Dale Evans cleared out, still saw a truck or two, but I also say a sheriff hanging around in a Burb, so we went down to stoddard wells road and went in.....I road over in that area, not many people, also saw some real estate signs out in the middle of nowwhere. Just glad you guys are ok..What ended up happening??? Come on give us the scoop...

Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Well Johnson Valley was Great again this weekend! Lots of people out there this time. They had food and Johnson Valley T-shirts at the vendor area (at the search and rescue staging area). I kept an eye out for you guys, but nobody from here showed.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Everyone, I'm David
I just bought my quad today! and today was my first time riding in one... Right away i started looking for places to ride and stuff and i came accross this thread, and i started reading a lot of the stuff all the way back since february.
Well this weekend we have planned to go riding with my uncle and his cousin and their kids. I'm Not quite sure where we're going but I know we're going somewhere out by victorville... I'm guessing johnson valley from what i've read here on this thread. So i thought i'd write and see if any of u have anything to say... i cant wait i'm excited, it'll be my first real riding experience...
soo.. any suggestions or comments??

--
david

Old 10-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

well hope everyone had a good ridethis weekend. i tryed hard to get up and ride but something was agenst me and it finaly won. like i said, i hade a hard time getting the wifes bike to run. finally late friday night after the third cleaning. it ran beautiful!! so we loaded up and i hit the hay about midnight. all looked good sat. morning,and we headed down the road. going up the 15 just passed Serra, Wamm looked in my review mirror to see a car bounce of my trailer!! #$^& !$%^!!!!!!! as he pass i see my licence plate flying off in the middel of the freeway!! #%^&! i pulled up behind them on the shoulder, exchanged info & took pictures.

the damage, he took out my left tail light, licence plate gone, wrinkeled the fender, damaged the rim.his front fender was wasted, damaged his rim and passander door. he said the wing blew him(it wasnt that windy!) had the chp come out to try to get my licence plate. he tryed but could not find it, so we decited to head home since we had no tail light, licence plate and a damaged wheel. we made it home fine. hope to take it in this week to see if the axel is bent.

i guess the full moon brings out all the idiots, even during the morning!

Quick Reply: New to SoCal and looking for places to go.