Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

looking for some trail riding near san diego for thanksgiving, anyone know of good spots close by, dont want to deal with crowds at glamis

Old 11-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

I guess that would depend on how far your willing to drive....Some places are close, Like Ocotillo wells, Anza borrego Desert, or there are some dunes in Yuma Az, which is nice riding, or Erinburg Arizona, just east off the 10, are some dunes and washes, and then from the Cal, AZ boarder, to quartzsite, is all kinds of riding on the right...Open desert, washes, hills,rocks you name it...big area....you can look all these places up...and I think Dirt wheels has an article this month on where to ride in Arizona.....Everyone goes to Glamis......or those secret dunes one of the guys mentioned, which when I have a chance I'm gonna check out....since I have a little one......Hope that helps...

Mike

Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Got a chance to go out with my boy over new years weekend, sat....lots of people out off stoddard wells road...not to bad, great weather, I think is was like 62 during the day...But no wind......great time.....Anyone been out riding lately ????? Tis the season........Hope everyone had a great christmas and new years...time to start all over again......

mw

Old 01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

ive been out riding just about every other weekend to hungry valley............its been great......! got excited and bought a crf150f to ride around in through the trails......................couple of hours on the scrambler 500 and then on the trail bike and life cant get any better...................!

Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

How is Hungry Valley these days..... I used to get off at the exit for Pyramid and go in the back way....is that still open, and if so can you get a motorhome down that road???? Are they still out there in force, the rangers I mean.....I used to ride up there when I had my 400yz and have had my manx 4 seater out there.....it does get cold about this time of year....

Mike

Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

yes the back way is always open. its the smokey bear road exit that will take you into the back entrance of hungry valley. park forest rangers are always around.................which is great. yes you can enter with a motorhome, toyhauler what so ever you have. road is good..............there is one dry river crossing which is paved that one must go through which is in good shape....................and yes it still gets cold on in the valley..............gorman (Hungry Valley) has everything...................alot of trails for the beginner and for the expert...............race track for the experts and another one for the beginner and its has a whole huge valley for the novice (flat land)

Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

planing on going to El Mirage next weekend Feb. 3

Old 01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

sounds good, I'll try and make it...nothing planned so far.....Bout time you woke up from your nappy.....I've already been out twice, end of last year and once this year already....and yes I have a ton of honey do's left and pending...But sometimes ya just gotta ride......

Mike

Old 02-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well did you go out riding...I was trying to make it, but still have some honey doos to do......soon though.....this is some pretty crazy weather....Is the trailer ok, or did you get a new one.....Fill me in.....Cat got your tongue.....speak up.....LOL

Mike

Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

hey bk,
no, i didnt get out last weekend, kids sick. trailers back in good shape!

hope to get out next week feb. 17th

Quick Reply: New to SoCal and looking for places to go.