Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Haspin acres

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haspin acres

Yes, still open during the week and usually pretty empty. As I said before, my brother and I have had the place to ourselves several times. Devil's Backbone used to be pretty nasty. It went nearly vertical at the top and had a lip that pushed your tires back at you. There used to be alot of carnage of man and machine on there. I went back a couple of years ago after not having been for about 10 years and couldn't believe how "wimpy" it looks now. It is still a challenging climb like motox26 said, you have to choose your line carefully. I am usually in no hurry to race up there. Like I said in another post, you have to share the park with alot of the big boys and some of the firetrails get pretty rutted up. They usually get the trails whipped into shape before the organized races.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Haspin acres

Originally posted by: hillclimbingrecon
Is there any way to go around on the hills? And how steep are the hills? How deep are the ruts
There is always a way around, trails go in all different directions there. Hills vary through out the park. And the ruts change as well.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haspin acres

how deep are the ruts and are children under 16 allowed to drive quads there?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haspin acres

The ruts vary, I have seen trucks with 44"s high centered. Most of the huge holes on the major fire trails have bypasses. Most of the ATV trails are passable. Ages 14 and under are restricted to the camping areas and must be under the supervision of an adult. Under 18 has to have a signed liability waiver signed by parent/guardian. You can download the waiver from their website. Haspin
We have had a huge amount of rain lately and are expecting more over the next couple of days. That place is going to be NASTY. I can't wait. I may go on Saturday.